JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nope just  books brochures  and booklets and tracts. And ive deleted the app and reinstalled it but still notta.

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I tried cleaning the cache out then re-downloaded the app, still no magazines...hmm...I even tried putting both the regular NWT and the study edition too...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Just now, cricket246 said:

I tried cleaning the cache out then re-downloaded the app, still no magazines...hmm...I even tried putting both the regular NWT and the study edition too...

Sometimes my devices take a long time to find new publications. Have you tried putting it down for a couple of hours?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have an iphone 6 plus, so not your phone, but I'll try to help.  My JWapp is version 10.5.  Go to settings and scroll down to find the app there, and check the version number.  I have "Mobile Data" on (which I think in the US is "Cellular Data").

Also, check the IOS version - we should be ios 11.4.

I also would shut down the iphone, and start it up again.  That clears the cache.

I want to thank all of you for the help! ^_^ I turned the phone off and back on. Re-installed the app. I went to the app's setting and turned on download and stream over cellular. I have version 10.5 JWlibrary and my iphones IOS is up to date at 11.4 on an Iphone 7 plus. Still nothing.... I'm clueless O.O

Edited by cricket246

Here is another thread with a "fix" for a similar sort of thing (on android).  It seems you have to fiddle with downloading just a random publication, and it will send through the backlog of updates to your phone.  Also, give this time to do it, because every time you reinstall it may be resetting the process all over again.  Give it a go, hope it fixes it for you.  I hate frustrating technology....

I had tried that but nothing happened - but when I pulled the home screen on the app downward it updated and after about 10-20 mins tada everything popped up! So thank you soo much! ^_^ May Jehovah bless all of you for your help, I truly appreciate it!

18 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

but when I pulled the home screen on the app downward it updated and after about 10-20 mins

So, what was the final solution? 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Swiping down on home page updates the app..that's the tada moment.

I just did it on my iPhone 6. Technically I just swiped down from daily text and it flashes last updated timestamp.

On Samsung there's a rotating arrowed circle for what most likely is a refresh / last update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

old sister gave me old huawei mediapad 8 inch with android 4.3. to install jw library.

i can install app but when start it stuck on home screen. i cant download nothing, even bible..

swiping not helps, it just not working with any of mentiond method..

someone issued that problem before? so no download any pub at all, nor cellular nor wifi..