JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

5 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

old sister gave me old huawei mediapad 8 inch with android 4.3. to install jw library.

i can install app but when start it stuck on home screen. i cant download nothing, even bible..

swiping not helps, it just not working with any of mentiond method..

someone issued that problem before? so no download any pub at all, nor cellular nor wifi..

Technically, the app should work on Android 4.1 or later.  The 4.3 version is pretty old.  I would try the whole list of solutions offered  above.  Delete the Library app and reload a fresh copy from the Android Playstore.  Then work down through the "clear cache" , "let it rest in the open mode for several hours" and so on.

In some Kindle devices, the app offers to show you the new features but just say no or don't accept or bypass the offer and go on.  They got stuck in looking at the opening screen sometimes.

No, same android 4.3.. but this rom that was on device, mobile operators rom - T mobile was probably corrupted but i did not found it anywhere because huawei removed it from their servers so was unable to reflash over this. Do a clean install not just factory reset.
Find chinese rom on some upload site and flash it thru some android tool for Mediatek devices, and after installing google play, jw library works normally..