JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Transportation in New World

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

hope we have boats or planes so I can meet you...:)

I am sure that our wonderful New Government will approve amazingly clean and efficient new modes of transport, in order that we all get to “widen out” no matter where we are in the New World!  Our perfected brains will be needed to apply ourselves to the challenge of inventing them. Rumour has it that some forms of “clean” transport have already been invented but shelved because there is little profit to be made from them.  (Look forward to meeting you too! 🙂 . . . and everyone else here. Lets 🙏🏻we make it!)

I’m sure in the new system transporting facilities will be pleasant and sufficient to travel any destination of the earth without causing a damage to the  environment. Jehovah will provide us with the support and bless his worshiper’s effort. Its difficult for me to say what that would be. I wouldn’t think the animals will be used to carry us but I might be wrong. I rather leave it to Jehovah and the new system to reveal it for me :) 

35 minutes ago, humbleebee said:

That was what Nimrod & Co. did WITHOUT Jehovah’s seal of approval. . . . so I guess you are all right, there will be no limits, except those put in place by the New Government. I guess laws & restrictions will have to apply in order to ensure we don’t ruin the planet and endanger God’s plans a second time - hence the new scrolls. ( I may concede to upgrade from feet, to a solar powered bicycle, based on this knowledge! 🤣🤣)

I've worked with environmental engineers and one of their favorite sayings is that "dilution is the solution to the pollution". It's true that not everything is harmful unless there is too much of it. For example, we know that too much sewage is harmful to the environment, however Jehovah created the planet to be able to effectively process animal and human sewage. So the volume and concentration of sewage is the problem.

So we may be able to reason that we may be able to use some of the earths resources such as wood, oil, coal and metals as long as it doesn't exceed the planets ability to process it. 

I fully hope we are able to invent or reinvent modes of transportation and don't have to rely solely (no pun intended) on walking.. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Taken from the European Patent Office web site: -

Eventually, though, it may be possible for some aircraft to travel around the world without any kind of traditional engine power. That's the goal of Solar Impulse, a long-range solar-powered flight project developed by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. 

The project team has created an aircraft with the same wingspan as an Airbus A340 airliner that uses the sun to charge lithium polymer batteries via 11 628 photovoltaic cells on the upper wing surface. The batteries power a 10 hp motor and a twin-bladed propeller. Excess energy is stored during the day so that the plane can also fly at night. The aircraft has already completed extensive test flights in Europe and the USA lasting up to 26 hours, and a round-the-world test flight is planned for next year.

14 minutes ago, humbleebee said:

That's the goal of Solar Impulse, a long-range solar-powered flight project developed by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. 

It's interesting to research the carbon footprint of solar power, it's less than oil based energy yet producing, using and disposing old solar panels still causes pollution. So we will never be pollution free with the current technology. However we hope Jehovah will let us effectively use the resources that He has given us.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Some people seem to be down on plastics because they "don't break down" like wood, paper, iron and even some rocks. They argue against having plastic in the new system due to it nit deteriorating.

Well, just think, you make a vehicle from wood and it lasts for 20-50 years, or you make a vehicle from metals and it lasts 40-75 years or - you make a vehicle from plastics and it lasts for 500-1,000 years :eek:

Suddenly, plastics do not sound so bad after all - when we want things to last forever :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~