JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Shooting in Toronto

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2096 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/07/22/9-people-injured-greektown-shooting-shooter-dead-police/

As many as 9 people have injured, including a child, and the gunamn is dead following a mass shooting in Greektown.

Paramedics tell CityNews the scene encompasses several blocks and a number of victims have sustained significant injuries. Six victims have been transported to trauma centres, 1 to a pediatric trauma centre and two to local hospitals while an unconfirmed number of people are being treated at the scene.

Police confirm the shooter is dead.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I can't believe this is happening.

I remember in the 70's there was a shooting on the steps of the courthouse in downtown Toronto - and we were shocked.

How is this happening in Canada ????????????????

It really impacted on us.

This?

As far as I can see we are just that much closer to the end.

WOW!

Maybe Brandon will chime in at some point with additional info

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have not heard if anyone one was a brother or sister. I don't think they were this happened 9 or 10 at night. Toronto has gotten way more dangerous in the last year. Already 55 dead from gun violence. Life seems to be cheap there now.  Parents made a statement saying how sorry they were that it happened and that their son had bad mental issues. He was a very unstable person and should have been in the hospital but they don't do that anymore here. Disgusting the system failed him.

Im an hour outside of Toronto.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Make no mistake this was the worst mass shooting in Toronto History. This is Canada's Largest city. No one feels safe there now. The news is reporting everything they can. Its pretty disturbing. He started a gun fight with police but they don't know if it was self inflicted or now. 2 dead and 13 shot. One girl was 16 I think they said. Died and Another 10 year old girl was killed. 

Fatal shooting have jumped 59 percent over last year. So have gun shootings. Its awful. Parents said he suffered from psychosis. Medication wasn't helping and therapists failed him. 

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green