JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Edition November 2018 WT

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2085 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

19 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Does this issue start the discontinue of the simplified issue since we study this issue in January and February?

Good question, I think they announced the Simplified would stop the end of this year so I was assuming that December would be the last issue.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, mserskine said:

Does this issue start the discontinue of the simplified issue since we study this issue in January and February?

You might be right, there isn't a simplified version of the November magazine yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

For what it's worth -  We can say that the Regular Edition and the Simplified Edition have both been discontinued because the new version is a merger of both.

Granted, there will no longer be one called Simplified, and there will be one which we may or may not call Regular, since it will be the only one . . .

It is my understanding there is still a simplified edition in EN only that is/will be used by translation teams all over the world... I may be wrong though...

The English simplified will be phased out. Instead the language in the regular magazines will be easier, better, and clearer.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, Doug said:

For what it's worth -  We can say that the Regular Edition and the Simplified Edition have both been discontinued because the new version is a merger of both.

Granted, there will no longer be one called Simplified, and there will be one which we may or may not call Regular, since it will be the only one . . .

Is there a way you you tell

41 minutes ago, mserskine said:

We will have to see which features of each edition they keep in the merged version. As I recall, some languages will have a simplified version (not English). I have to agree with Sr. Patricia, though, I recall a comment about keeping an internal (Bethel version) for reference by translators. I will have to try to check that out.

43 minutes ago, jwhess said:

We will have to see which features of each edition they keep in the merged version. As I recall, some languages will have a simplified version (not English). I have to agree with Sr. Patricia, though, I recall a comment about keeping an internal (Bethel version) for reference by translators. I will have to try to check that out.

I’m asking about this one, the November issue, because we start studying it in January and I don’t see any changes in it.

1 minute ago, mserskine said:

I’m asking about this one, the November issue, because we start studying it in January and I don’t see any changes in it.

I am not at my computer right now, but As I recall, we have a letter stating the change to a single version will occur wth the January 2019 study.issue. The magazine order still shows the simplified edition available. It will be the Jan mag date not the date when we study it.

The new format of the study edition will include the “Some Expressions Explained” box, which at the moment only appears in the simplified. There would also be design changes that allow for a larger font to be used. So it appears these changes begin with the January issue of 2019, rather than the issue that contains study articles for January 2019.

5 hours ago, mserskine said:

We will be streamlined to a Public Edition (3 issues / year) and a monthly Study Edition.

The new Study Edition will be simpler than the former Study Edition but not as simple as the discontinued Simplified Study Edition.

Above comments notwithstanding, I like simple. Simple is good.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, Tortuga said:

You might be right, there isn't a simplified version of the November magazine yet.

There is now...