JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library comments Links

On 8/17/2018 at 11:57 PM, student said:

I use the commentary feature of JW Library very extensive. Is there a way to include Web links? When I quote an article passage from wol.jw.org I want to give the source as clickable (!) link. Do you know how to do it?

Hi..

you do mean the JW library  that used to be on DVD?

i get confused when talking to others about these things.. JW app/JW library/JW online :(

Hi..

i get confused when talking to others about these things.. JW app/JW library/JW online
JW Library was never on any DVD. It’s a mobile app. Watchtower Library is something else and was produced on a DVD. WOL is the Watchtower Online Library. It is available only online at wol.jw.org

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

46 minutes ago, Thesauron said:
55 minutes ago, Alan said:
Hi..

i get confused when talking to others about these things.. JW app/JW library/JW online emoji20.png

JW Library was never on any DVD. It’s a mobile app. Watchtower Library is something else and was produced on a DVD. WOL is the Watchtower Online Library. It is available only online at wol.jw.org

you have confirmed it! I get confused.. :(

On 8/17/2018 at 6:57 PM, student said:

I use the commentary feature of JW Library very extensive. Is there a way to include Web links? When I quote an article passage from wol.jw.org I want to give the source as clickable (!) link. Do you know how to do it?

I'd like to know also.  I've not heard of the commentary feature.  How would I access it???  Thanks

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

It's not possible to do it. You have to use different note taking apps

10 hours ago, Brenda said:

I'd like to know also.  I've not heard of the commentary feature.  How would I access it???  Thanks

If I understand correctly he is referring to the notes feature on the app

23 hours ago, Brenda said:

Brenda, brother Oliver means the ability to add notes to the Bible or any publication. In case you haven't used it, you can click on any text, a verse in the Bible, a paragraph in the Watchtower, whatever, click on the note icon and add your comment. Brother Oliver was askign if there's any way you can add web addresses in those notes.

This Youtube video explains how to do it:

Edited by carlos

I’d like to think that our dear, hard working brothers and sisters are working to include this WWW hyperlink feature into our notes. That would be handy in accessing additional info from the WOL, rather than quoting large portions of it in our notes.

It would also be nice to be able to add links in our notes to our internal JW Library, like scripture links and publication article links. This feature will need to be foolproof, so that it doesn’t go wacky if the publication has been removed or updated. I’m sure the brothers have thought well ahead of this.

Clearly, the internal link paths will be different on each of the platforms, so I’m not sure how the notes will transfer between platforms, unless they are “translated” prior to use.

Looking forward to some great updates in the future! 😁

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

7 hours ago, carlos said:

Brenda, brother Oliver means the ability to add notes to the Bible or any publication. In case you haven't used it, you can click on any text, a verse in the Bible, a paragraph in the Watchtower, whatever, click on the note icon and add your comment. Brother Oliver was askign if there's any way you can add web addresses in those notes.

Brother Carlos, thanks for explaining what Brother Oliver meant...I misunderstood him.  I have used the Notes since it first came available.  However.....I did learn something from the video you included...I learned how to make Notes WITHOUT a Heading.  I didn't know that was a feature.  So thank you very much.  That will be useful.

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

• 4 years later...
On 8/18/2018 at 12:57 AM, student said:

Dud you get any answer about this?

Edited by vibiweb