JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regional convention preparation

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2009 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Me too! You did get in there. 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

(((((((((((((Ross)))))))))))))

Yeah, busy, busy, busy. Finally starting ringing and I think I let it ring 100 times. I was NOT about to give up.

Took too long to get to that point. 

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Um, I made a mistake. I finally got through, and was on hold for almost 20 minutes. And, feeling smug. I got through. Then it dawned on me, the website, which imso blithely by-passed. I check on the website, no more rooms. I wanted the one we had last year. In hotel rooms, familiarity does not breed contemp. It breeds less stress. All full. As I was on hold on the phone. 

I then got less fussy, left it in Jehovah’s hands, and it worked. One thankful servant of Jehovah! That’s me! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 10/12/2018 at 1:28 PM, Hope said:

I would be happy to know how soon delegates to the ICs will be revealed.  If I am not selected to attend any of those, I think I want to take myself to a New York convention this year... sit in the beautiful Stanley Theatre for a weekend.

I'm in need of an adventure and I ❤️ NY!  😉 

So, ummm.... how does one gain permission to get into the rooming lists for New York?  Do I need to check with my Secretary?  I don't know if I'm permitted to attend an International Convention, but I know it would be easier to cancel a room in NY if I find out than it will be to get one if too much time passes.  What do you think?

I can’t get over having rooms already for our May convention. 🤓

I feel like it’s a sealed deal now. To me this is “one” of the biggest pieces to preparing for it. 

Now that this is out of the way, we can wait for the program to come out. Ooooo, can’t wait to see what they have for us in the symposiums. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I am only an alley away from our R.C. :

1505858752_HotelbyConventionCenter.jpg.51b8fa7375067e34a0f237a6e42b5e38.jpg

^_^  Stayed here two years ago with my Mom, my Sister/sister

and my Brother/brother. 

We are across the street from ours. 3 min walking distance. Yay!!!

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

6 hours ago, Hope said:

So, ummm.... how does one gain permission to get into the rooming lists for New York?  Do I need to check with my Secretary?  I don't know if I'm permitted to attend an International Convention, but I know it would be easier to cancel a room in NY if I find out than it will be to get one if too much time passes.  What do you think?

Just guessing, but would the hotels be holding back rooms for delegates by request from the organization? Delegates agree to stay at designated hotels for at least 7 days.

Another thought, delegates may be assigned to different hotels a little further away, and will get bussed to the location?

23 minutes ago, Sylv said:

Just guessing, but would the hotels be holding back rooms for delegates by request from the organization? Delegates agree to stay at designated hotels for at least 7 days.

Another thought, delegates may be assigned to different hotels a little further away, and will get bussed to the location?

Really - seven days for a regular regional convention??? Why would that be necessary?  

37 minutes ago, Hope said:

Really - seven days for a regular regional convention??? Why would that be necessary?  

Sorry, I was thinking about the international ones. Actually , if you live on one side of the country but apply for another city that is hosting an international convention, how would you refer to that?

We too were in shock.    Well I was,   Some never paid attention to the announcements of the RC. I’ve always eagerly waited.  

We’ve decided to ride the bus this year.    We’ve tried everything from splitting the three days over two weekends.   (Which is not an option anymore).  Driving everyday ( an hour and half drive, dealing with downtown limited parking,  or parking several miles away and shuttles) staying at motels and getting an Uber/ taxi back and forth each day.   Now we’re taking the bus.  I’m kinda looking forward to coming home each day.    

13 hours ago, Sylv said:

Sorry, I was thinking about the international ones. Actually , if you live on one side of the country but apply for another city that is hosting an international convention, how would you refer to that?

I don't know. But unless specifically invited, US congregations cannot apply for other US Conventions

Does anyone know the theme of the 2019 regional convention or is it too early?

Thanks,

Sally

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

1 minute ago, Samira said:

Love never fails

Thank you!

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

2 hours ago, GriffTiff said:

So if you want to visit a convention out of state (US) but it's not an IC and you need to stay at a hotel how would you find out which hotels are on the list for that city?

Talk to your congregation secretary