JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dog attacks cart

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1876 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My husband and I got yelled and cursed at by someone upset we were on city property. He didn’t try to take the cart though.  People can be a little crazy. 🤪

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

If I had someone do that, I'd be so tempted to say "thank you" and wait for a response of confusion, and then I'd say "for validating my beliefs by persecuting me like Jesus said you would."

That's the sign that I want to take to the RC the next time some guy with a bullhorn is yelling at us...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't know which is worse.. I was attacked by a crazy guy who looked homeless or high on drugs.. He wanted to grab my private. 

He swung his hand while passing by and  it almost hit my front bottom private (embarassing to mention).. then from the distance, he kept on looking at us .. I felt so nervous that I told the sister that I felt uncomfortable with the guy.. And yes, he came back to us and stood infront of me staring on my chest.. Then  I said, why? what do you need?  Then I nervously walk away from him and kept following me so I screamed.  The sister came to the rescue and  don't be scared,  I can hit him with umbrella. (though, we had training I think that the sister was just shocked).. I said, we better packed up...

I was a little traumatized with the incident. 

Don’t take chances.  After seeing that poor sister killed last year it’s better to leave or call for help sooner rather than later. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

My husband and I got yelled and cursed at by someone upset we were on city property. He didn’t try to take the cart though.  People can be a little crazy.

Are they really upset to share public city property with other people? They didn’t consider that position much, did they?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Are they really upset to share public city property with other people? They didn’t consider that position much, did they?

He was acting like a Vietnam vet even though he wasn’t old enough to be one. Basically yelling about paying taxes and seemed to feel that for us to have religion in that area was offensive.  I wondered if he was angry because we don’t participate in the flag salute or war.  He just gave me that impression during his tirade.  He yelled he was going to the police and stormed off. The police are literally two buildings down. He came back through later griping some more but the police never came. Lol.  We never said a word to him, just sat calmly.  

4 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Basically yelling about paying taxes and seemed to feel that for us to have religion in that area was offensive.

Well it's because most churches don't pay tax, we are unique in that regard that we are not exempt from tax. It's good to let people like that know such.

S-148 says this:

6.  Disruptive  Individuals:  Rather  than  debating  with disruptive  individuals, remain  calm  and friendly  while  endeavoring  to kindly  conclude  the  conversation.  If  the  individual  persists in  causing a  disturbance or  becomes  irate,  it  may  be best  to  leave the area.  If  the  individual  becomes  threatening, it  may  be  necessary  to temporarily  leave  the  public  witnessing  equipment  behind. Help from the  local authorities  may  be  requested  in  extreme  situations. 

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

Well it's because most churches don't pay tax, we are unique in that regard that we are not exempt from tax. It's good to let people like that know such.

I know we are exempt here in the states. You guys aren’t exempt where you’re at?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

14 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I know we are exempt here in the states. You guys aren’t exempt where you’re at?

Not that I'm aware, Christendom's churches are, at least that's what I was informed (I know some churches actually "get money" as funding from taxes, like The Church of England here) . I assumed it was only Christendom that was exempt because of being a state religion. Perhaps someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Edited by EccentricM

10 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Not that I'm aware, Christendom's churches are, at least that's what I was informed (I know some churches actually "get money" as funding from taxes, like The Church of England here) . I assumed it was only Christendom that was exempt because of being a state religion. Perhaps someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

I’ve never heard of us having to pay taxes except when a country unlawfully required us to, but we were given it back years later after a court decision.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I’ve never heard of us having to pay taxes except when a country unlawfully required us to, but we were given it back years later after a court decision.

Ah interesting. I thought it was only the offical state religion that was tax exempt. Hmmm. Well, something new to learn every day!

10 hours ago, BLEmom said:

He was acting like a Vietnam vet even though he wasn’t old enough to be one. Basically yelling about paying taxes and seemed to feel that for us to have religion in that area was offensive.  I wondered if he was angry because we don’t participate in the flag salute or war.  He just gave me that impression during his tirade.  He yelled he was going to the police and stormed off. The police are literally two buildings down. He came back through later griping some more but the police never came. Lol.  We never said a word to him, just sat calmly.  

You are not a lone. A lady pastor screamed at me too. and  drew her away from the cart.. She's pointing finger and screaming at me in public and said that we are apostate.

She approached us, got a lot of magazines. She was friendly at first then she tried to convince me that Jesus is God.. The problem is that I allowed her to talk to me at length. It should be that I have to get her numbers and do return visit instead. 

2 minutes ago, JennyM said:

You are not a lone. A lady pastor screamed at me too. and  drew her away from the cart.. She's pointing finger and screaming at me in public and said that we are apostate.

She approached us, got a lot of magazines. She was friendly at first then she tried to convince me that Jesus is God.. The problem is that I allowed her to talk to me at length. It should be that I have to get her numbers and do return visit instead. 

We live and learn.  You did the best you could with the knowledge and thoughts you had at the time. After your experiences your are to be commended for continuing in your activities. 

1 minute ago, BLEmom said:

We live and learn.  You did the best you could with the knowledge and thoughts you had at the time. After your experiences your are to be commended for continuing in your activities. 

True.. cart witnessing has more systematic training . 

20 minutes ago, JennyM said:

She was friendly at first then she tried to convince me that Jesus is God

The reasonings trinity advocates come up with and how they misapply the scriptures to fit the framework makes my brain leak out my ears. So many scriptures advocate the opposite, and yes, you can "spin a framework" on the scriptures to "reason" there is a trinity, but the trinity has to be taught from "outside the bible" first, in order for that lens to then be put upon the scriptures, and even then you get many contradictory scriptures, where as the understanding that Jesus is not God, not only are there many supporting scriptures, but there are more importantly.. no contradictions anywhere either.

5 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

The reasonings trinity advocates come up with and how they misapply the scriptures to fit the framework makes my brain leak out my ears. So many scriptures advocate the opposite, and yes, you can "spin a framework" on the scriptures to "reason" there is a trinity, but the trinity has to be taught from "outside the bible" first, in order for that lens to then be put upon the scriptures, and even then you get many contradictory scriptures, where as the understanding that Jesus is not God, not only are there many supporting scriptures, but there are more importantly.. no contradictions anywhere either.

I was a zealous catholic before who believed in trinity.. but when I studied the bible at age 15, it was easy for me to accept the truth.. Some people just can't leave their tradition no matter what... blinded.. Only Jah can remove the veil I think.. john6:44.. He draws an individual. 

And one more... I almost punched a witness girl  at grade 6 who were witnessing in the class.. nobody opposed her except me. But then I became a witness... 

She told me that Jehovah is God not Jesus.. If she mentioned it again, I would have hurt her.. Thats how zealous I was in my belief before. 

Edited by JennyM

@JennyM

Wow 😄 Well, I'm glad to see you've come to see otherwise. :).Your story reminds me of the account/myth of St Nicholas in the Council of Niece punching Arius simply because he said the Bible doesn't mention the trinity and that Jesus was only the son of God (it is uncertain if it true or not though).

Edited by EccentricM