JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Revised Websites and Apps soon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1879 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

I also honestly think that once the all content from Watchtower Library is transferred to JW Library, then it will be gradually phased out, leaving the unified jw.org website and the JW Library app.

Based on the announcement it sounds like JWB and WOL will be discontinued. Is that right?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Based on the announcement it sounds like JWB and WOL will be discontinued. Is that right?

As separate sites, yes. But the material will be merged with JW.org

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Do you mean that JWBroadcasting will be discontinued? 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

23 minutes ago, Dove said:

Do you mean that JWBroadcasting will be discontinued? 

No. It will be continued for sure......

32 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

As separate sites, yes. But the material will be merged with JW.org

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 3/3/2019 at 8:51 AM, Tortuga said:

According to the recent information  received for the literature department, the Watchtower Library (formerly on DVD), will continue to be updated in the future (it looks like monthly).  But you will have to download the updates digitally (automatically if you check the box, as usual).

I like the Watchtower Online Library as it is now and use it a lot.  Its my preferred digital library of choice over the other two.  I've never been a fan of change, and "If its not broken, don't try to fix it".  I know there is / has been a lot of planning and designing going into the new format of  jw.org.  I hope it will be just as good and easy to use, or better.  And that you can still access the library part in a similar manner.

It was only a matter of time that they stop producing annual DVDs of the WT Library.  They haven't updated the ISO download yet, still on 2017.  Recently installed it on someone's PC - 2GB for ISO, then 3.4GB for the "1901 base update", then a bit more for the 1902.  A lot of downloading!!

Do you think the revised website and JW Library app will be released at the same time, or will one before the other?

Also, I was thinking that the revised app will have a different way of navigating around it.  Something to keep in mind if you use it for the your KH sound system.  But may require getting used to or a little re-training.  You can stop the Microsoft Store from automatically updating apps from the store app settings.