JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Yesterday we had brother Lett at our Assembly. He gave two Awesome talks and gave a good long prayer too. I cannot count how many times he called Jehovah his father, it just brought tears into my eyes and I bet others too. When we see him on conclude JW Broadcasting, he did the same thing on the stage during his talk. There is one thing that surprise me is that he is short. He is about 5'6"  I had to addressed  it to him too. He told me that dynamite  can be small sticks but, powerful. I met my CO in the bathroom, I mentioned to him what I told Lett, he told me he is a strong brother. Here is two things that shows  that we had love all around and brother Lett mentioned this too.

1. The brothers ship 4  Million Dollars  for the relief work for the disaster in Africa.

2. During the Hurricane Katrina, they shipped 16,000 people to the Dome, The brothers went there and found 24 friends there and took them out and put them into friends homes. Believe me it was more safe in the friends homes than the in the Dome.

We had brother david splane to lead the closing prayer in 2013. I felt Jehovah's love through his prayer.. Jehovah, Jesus and the governing body really loves us. 

One of the zone visit again in our country around 2014, one of the brother opened his eyes to see how the governing body pray... He said that one of the governing body  raised their hands to the heavens when praying. 

Sounds like you had a geat assembly 🙂 Yes, we spare no expense when it comes to helping our brothers in an efficient way. By the way, I wouldn’t have told him he was short. I’m sure you weren’t telling him anything he didn’t already know :whistling:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

31 minutes ago, Saffron said:

I bet his talks were amazing! What a privilege.

As an aside, I would  have never guessed that he would be shorter than I am. Lol For some reason, I was thinking he was tall. 

I could tell he was short when I saw him standing next to a brother on last years annual meeting. I think it may have been brother Morris.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

10 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Sounds like you had a geat assembly 🙂 Yes, we spare no expense when it comes to helping our brothers in an efficient way. By the way, I wouldn’t have told him he was short. I’m sure you weren’t telling him anything he didn’t already know :whistling:

I know what you mean by telling him he is short. If he know that I worship chocolate and he brought it up to me,  then I would not mind. 

O what a privilege that would be to have a governing body member come to the north woods here in Michigan to one of our assemblies.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”