JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Male Pattern Baldness: How are you dealing with it?

Sometimes you just have to laugh at male pattern baldness :lol:

I hope older ones aren’t offended by the jokes this guy tells about his grandfather.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, BenJepthah said:

That’s why I draw a smiley face on the back of my head with a sharpie.😊

I was in a barber shop a year or so back and one of the other customers had a tattoo on the back of his head, it was a little guy pushing a lawn mower, like he was mowing the guys hair.

He's kinda famous for it, apparently its been in some magazine articles about odd tattoos... 

10 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I take that back... not everyone can do it :lol:

Anyone can do it, only Sir Patrick can do it with class....

10 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

What did he say in the interview?

He began to notice his hair was receding and just started gradually minimizing his remaining hair. As people got used to the change he continued until he was shaving. It also seems to have worked with hat way for Bruce Willis. 

12 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I was in a barber shop a year or so back and one of the other customers had a tattoo on the back of his head, it was a little guy pushing a lawn mower, like he was mowing the guys hair.

He's kinda famous for it, apparently its been in some magazine articles about odd tattoos... 

I was just telling a brother and his Bible student yesterday that I saw a man at the grocery store with the same tattoo. He was balding and had a man mowing grass right where his hairline began. It even had “blades of hair” flying up in the air lol 

I think I’ve seen that picture of the tattoo you’re talking about online.

edit:

here’s a pic.

B3FD5EF8-FF69-44CF-B5C1-BF91DDA2F238.jpeg

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

I was just telling a brother and his Bible student yesterday that I saw a man at the grocery store with the same tattoo. He was balding and had a man mowing grass right where his hairline began. It even had “blades of hair” flying up in the air lol 

I think I’ve seen that picture of the tattoo you’re talking about online.

edit:

here’s a pic.

B3FD5EF8-FF69-44CF-B5C1-BF91DDA2F238.jpeg

Yup, that looks like the one I saw.

It was funny, I was already in the chair getting my haircut when this guy walked in and went straight to the other chair.

He and the other cutter were friends and they were talking about this tat, he turned his head so I could see it.

This is the only view of him that I recognize, I don't remember his face

My experience was in Auburn, CA. I assume he lived there, it appeared that this was his frequented shop..😁

Edited by tekmantwo

Words, just words...

• 4 weeks later...

Baldness on an Asian guy's face is even worse.

Most Asians have small facial features compared to other races, so I'd say they fear baldness a lot.

I'm not currently experiencing such an issue and being a JW itself protects me a lot.

No drinking or smoking or other worldly hair styles.. I don't put any type of gel on my hair..just some argan oil...keeps it natutal.

4 hours ago, NobleEndeavours said:

Baldness on an Asian guy's face is even worse.

Most Asians have small facial features compared to other races, so I'd say they fear baldness a lot.

I'm not currently experiencing such an issue and being a JW itself protects me a lot.

No drinking or smoking or other worldly hair styles.. I don't put any type of gel on my hair..just some argan oil...keeps it natutal.

I’ve seen some Asian guys who look good bald. Especially south East Asians :) This guy looks good. He’s Filipino.

FC858E08-3519-46FC-985D-B2EC05D9007B.jpeg

665B0B01-0A44-44E4-8FB3-1892A69CB32B.jpeg

Edited by Brother Jack

On 5/3/2019 at 12:02 AM, tekmantwo said:

it was a little guy pushing a lawn mowe

Yup saw it. Someone may even have posted it here somewhere, and not just a few days ago, Tim.

Current cure for male baldness - wear a hat.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

20 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I’ve seen some Asian guys who look good bald. Especially south East Asians :) This guy looks good. He’s Filipino.

FC858E08-3519-46FC-985D-B2EC05D9007B.jpeg

665B0B01-0A44-44E4-8FB3-1892A69CB32B.jpeg

I'd say,  he's quite an exception. Most Asian guys look better with hair. 

I've seen some really handsome Korean monks but I personally think they'd look better with hair... 

15 hours ago, NobleEndeavours said:

I'd say,  he's quite an exception. Most Asian guys look better with hair. 

I've seen some really handsome Korean monks but I personally think they'd look better with hair... 

I think you may be right... but for me it’s not because many Asians have smaller facial features, but head shape. No disrespect but many Asians tend to have heads that are a little flat in the back. That can kill the bald look.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

a brother I know has planted strands of hair into his top bald area of his head. 

If it works for him, I guess it’s good. It never was that serious for me. You just have to either accept it the way it is or just shave it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't had a haircut in 3 months and I look like the 5th Beatle, going bald isn't an issue...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

What’s up fellas. Was just laying here thinking of the benefits of being bald. This kind of elaborates on post #11.

1. Cost 

I only spend about $10 a year on razors. That’s $100.00 in 10 years! There’s no telling how much haircuts cost nowadays. When I had hair I would get a haircut every 2 weeks and an edge up every week in between. Sometimes I wonder how much money I’ve saved on haircuts, shampoo, Afro picks, durags, hair care products etc.

2. Time 

I save so much time not having hair. It takes me 15 minutes max to shave my head. I shave twice a week so that’s only 30 minutes a week. I was spending at least 20 minutes a week just driving back and forth to the barber shop a week when I had hair. That doesn’t include waiting in line and getting the actual haircut itself. Sometimes the wait can be brutal when you had to get a haircut and it was back to school season or right before the holidays. 

It also takes less time to get ready because I don’t have to do my hair or shampoo. When I had an Afro it took quite some time to pick it out and get it nice and round. 

3. No more bad hair days

Gone are the days when you have to walk around with a messed up haircut for 2 to 3 weeks because of what someone else did to your hair. As long as you shave often, you don’t really have bad hair days. And you are your own barber so you control how you look.

4. Confidence 

I’ve always been confident in my appearance but being bald gave me a special type of confidence. This may sound funny coming from a man, but I never truly felt sexy until I shaved my head. I always thought my physique was appealing in that way but shaving my head truly made me feel sexy. And it wasn’t from the attention I was getting from the opposite sex, it was how the bald look made me feel.

So whether you’re male or female and you’re bald because you’ve lost your hair, don’t be sad about it. Just know that you’re special. Not everyone can be hairless and still look good, or have the confidence to rock the bald look for that matter. So be glad. Being bald is beautiful 🙂 

How many bald men or women are mentioned in the Bible?

Usually their hair isn’t mentioned, but we understand that some were bald. (1Ki 2:23)

Also, note this article: Questions From Readers https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2018326&srctype=wol&srcid=share

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

How many bald men or women are mentioned in the Bible?

How many men or women with hair are mentioned in the Bible? :whistling::lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D