JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who Manufactures Your Pets Food?

Loopy

There has been so many recalls of pet foods lately and knowing some of the owners/manufacturers I find it doesn’t surprise me as 💰is all humans care about. 

Here’s a list of brands and the owners/manufacturers for pet owners that may be interested.

5ACAC1BF-9A56-4408-91A4-64871BA475AA.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I fed my pit bull raw meat. Dogs in the wild don’t eat processed pellet-like food. They eat meat. They often get human diseases like arthritis, cancer and diabetes and skin problems because they are eating food processed by humans. Even getting a dogs teeth cleaned is unnecessary when feeding it a raw diet. Dogs who eat raw meat don’t need to have tarter removed from their teeth or have bad breath due to some kind of periodontal disease. I always thought it was silly when dog food commercials would say their product is made with real chicken or beef when you can just buy the real thing and give it to them. You can avoid a lot of problems by just feeding your dog raw meat.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I once gave 'me-o' branded food to my cat. since the price is affordable and many are available in small packages. but I can see she doesn't always eat it until it's finished. but since I changed my cat's food with the brand 'whiskas' my cat always consumed the food ravenously. I don't understand much about cat's food, but my niece once said that whizkas contains more meat so the cat prefer it.

makanan-kucing-whiskas.jpg

Edited by tuntun

Hi Linda,

I have showed and breed Rhodesian Ridgebacks since early 80’s. Even though I feed top premium dog food, I still did always get the results I “wanted” for them to be at their very best. These were best of breed, group and best in show winners. So around the mid 80’s I switch over to feeding raw food. I feed for breakfast a ladle  of ground up raw organic veggies with ground raw chicken meat. it is like a thick, green,  mushy soup.  They loved it. For dinner they would get one or two (depending on size, age and activity) organic raw chicken backs. I would once every 3-4 months buy 30-40lbs of chicken backs from the local organic free range chicken farm. I would then put it into daily bags and then freeze them. The dogs had their own freezer. Put out the night before to thaw out.  It really wasn’t that much extra work or expense. They started having perfect shiny coat, perfect white teeth (never needed cleaning), clean ears, great skin, no allergies, perfect weight and never got sick till they were close to death at an old age.  Poo was smaller, white, chalky, no smell, didn’t attract flies and only once a day because of the digestion of the bones.  They smelled great and I just whipped them down if they got dusty. I would say the only “problem” I had was their nails were very healthy, strong and grew faster. I had to Dremel them more often.  I do have to say there is a learning curve. You need to do your research on it.  You can find a lot of info on the web on raw food feeding (barf).  Size of your dogs does limit what you can give. There are raw feeding co-ops that you can get variety of different parts of different animals. Some people like changing up the type of animals they are giving and the parts. I did throw in organ meats into the breakfast meal like hearts, kidneys, liver, offal, tongue,  etc. trying to reproduce more what they would have eaten in the wild.  Meat, organs, bones and the ground up plant material in the intestines. As you can see you can take it small or big, what works for you and the dog. Even the easiest raw packaged meal is better than commercial  dry cooked food. Of course this is just my opinion. 

I stopped showing 10 years ago after being baptized. Showing my dogs wasn’t important any more to me. Jehovah was.  I have continued with the same type feeding schedule.  In the long run with healthier dogs it is cheaper. They don’t get sick or have any trouble digesting the food. They don’t have human digestive systems. I haven’t gotten sick from handling all this raw food for decades even with me not being a well person. As long as you clean up counters, dog dishes and hands well you shouldn’t have any problems. 

Sorry if if I gave too much information.  Honest Kitchen, Primal, and  Merrick are some good raw food companies you might find at you dog food store.  There is a lot more companies jumping on the band wagon. Even 5-10 years ago you didn’t have the choices you do now. Really research whatever you do. The proof will be in the pudding as they say. 💚🐕

I buy organic dry food but make my own wet dog food. Using organ meats or ends and pieces of cast off from a butcher, I also have bones and make bone broth because then I will make bone broth rice with carrot cabbage potato oatmeal and mushroom to mix with the raw (sometimes cooked in broth) meat and they really go nuts over it. Molly is allergic to chicken, very very allergic, and people don't realize just how much chicken is in all dog food. In researching a dog food that contains no chicken my options were very limited but I get one off of chewy.com, it's Signature Trout and Salmon Meal Limited Formula Grain Free. I don't care so much about the grain-free but the ingredient list on that food is extremely wholesome, the dogs love it the poopage is healthy and it has no chicken products, broth, byproducts.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I buy organic dry food but make my own wet dog food. Using organ meats or ends and pieces of cast off from a butcher, I also have bones and make bone broth because then I will make bone broth rice with carrot cabbage potato oatmeal and mushroom to mix with the raw (sometimes cooked in broth) meat and they really go nuts over it. Molly is allergic to chicken, very very allergic, and people don't realize just how much chicken is in all dog food. In researching a dog food that contains no chicken my options were very limited but I get one off of chewy.com, it's Signature Trout and Salmon Meal Limited Formula Grain Free. I don't care so much about the grain-free but the ingredient list on that food is extremely wholesome, the dogs love it the poopage is healthy and it has no chicken products, broth, byproducts.

That sounds delicious, Cheryl!  I don't fancy the meat raw in that mix, better cooked in the bone broth, for me. (Not that I don't enjoy a nice beef tartare on occasion.). 

I like the idea of nose-to-tail eating. Why waste the nutritious bits some throw away?

Edited by bohemian

55 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Is it ok to feed bones on shih tzu?

I have both Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso and they go crazy over RAW bones. Never give cooked bones to dogs because they will shard off and can cause intestinal punctures and death.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, bohemian said:

That sounds delicious, Cheryl!  I don't fancy the meat raw in that mix, better cooked in the bone broth, for me. (Not that I don't enjoy a nice beef tartare on occasion.). 

I like the idea of nose-to-tail eating. Why waste the nutritious bits some throw away?

Thank-you Christopher for your comment. I try to get any parts from hunters, butchers or where I get home grown beef from. I always request the liver, bones and tongue. My newest goal is petitioning Fish and Game authorities for the ability to harvest liver, heart, spleen, tongue and bones from animals (deer and elk) that they get from road kill or illegal hunting, (I have a little bit of an 'in' because I know the F & G men). Right now the law doesn't allow for the harvesting of anything but the meat that is used for the hungry- food bank. If I can harvest unused parts I can prep most for animal shelters, there's a big need for that. And it's very simple for me, its what I'm accustomed to doing. But firstly my fur babies will benefit.