JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wikileaks Assange Arrested

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1810 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/julian-assange-arrested-by-uk-police-ecuador-revokes-asylum-2019-4?fbclid=IwAR1jX5P_1Kjt0yo4mtMyanuojjOSw_TpOjMhaPH9VWn5ExzuabvX72-yKow

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/11/uk/julian-assange-arrested-gbr-intl/index.html

Suddenly. Ecuador just got sick of him. I know he's not a religious leader but... the way it happened suddenly, shockingly, and out of nowhere...

I can't help but wonder if the Pope is next. The authority was quoted in the article "no one is above the law". ...No one including religious leaders?

Edited by Nirex

Added second link

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

6 hours ago, Nirex said:

Suddenly. Ecuador just got sick of him. I know he's not a religious leader but... the way it happened suddenly, shockingly, and out of nowhere...

Well, part of the reason for that change is that a new president was elected in Ecuador with different politics and viewpoints. Also it seems that Assange was becoming quite hard to deal with and even aggressive with the embassy personnel. Not surprising, on the other hand, for someone who has been enclosed in a building for seven years or so. :)

But yes, this case shows that things can change overnight. (tu)

Does anyone remember what were some of the findings from Wikileaks involving the war in Iraq or other information? 

My memory is bad and I cannot recall what was discovered in the Wikileak documents.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Does anyone remember what were some of the findings from Wikileaks involving the war in Iraq or other information? 
My memory is bad and I cannot recall what was discovered in the Wikileak documents.

The Daily Beast has some highlights regarding what Manning and Assange’s organisation revealed. https://www.thedailybeast.com/wikileaks-iraq-war-files-8-most-shocking-secrets

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 4/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, Nirex said:

Or did it? :whistling:

Just goes to show you're never really safe anywhere. If somebody grants you asylum it is just a matter of time until they get annoyed by you and ditch you.

Only Jehovah will bring about true justice. But it is interesting how angry a lot of people are reacting to this.

6 hours ago, campanula said:

It's a good thought to chew....especially for me.... Thank you, brother Ruben!

Why, because many are thinking about leaving Russia because of the persecution? I'm not saying it's a bad choice to leave or not to leave. You just can never be sure. I could imagine, just as a hypothetical scenario, Germany taking up many Russian brothers as refugees but in future sending them back due to some political or economic agreement with Russia based on energy trade or similar. You'd certainly be taken up by the brotherhood, but you never know how authorities would act when the time comes.

We saw a shift in thinking in Germany when in 2015, everybody was welcoming incoming refugees at the train stations with signs held up and teddy bears. After what happend in Cologne on New Years Eve of 2017 there was a sudden shift in opinion towards the refugee influx and you could feel it on a political level. People aren't open to talk about how they feel because of fears of being called racists but it's an open secret that Arab and African refugees are far from welcome now in Germany. All that virtue signalling in  2015 was fake and hypocritical. People don't care about other people.

In the end, only Jehovah can give us the liberation we all so desperately desire.

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

Why, because many are thinking about leaving Russia because of the persecution?

I'm not saying it's a bad choice to leave or not to leave. You just can never be sure. I could imagine, just as a hypothetical scenario, Germany taking up many Russian brothers as refugees but in future sending them back due to some political or economic agreement with Russia based on energy trade or similar. You'd certainly be taken up by the brotherhood, but you never know how authorities would act when the time comes.

Yes, sure it is personal decision to stay or to leave and where to go... but you know it was hard to make a decision to leave, but now it is also hard to make a decision to stay....  I miss my friends over there...

Brothers and sisters here are also only humans being and they may with the time catch something from "the air",  you know...  :)

And, yes, circumstances may change very soon, but you also may win certain  time....