JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

👨‍💼 JW Broadcasting-May 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1796 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

This was really good. Anxiety is a really issue today in the world. Every time you turn around, prices are going up, a school is getting shot up, or something is going on with the weather and people are dying and/or being misplaced with all their belongings destroyed

I'm the type who can have panic attacks on good days where nothing is wrong. Like the sister who was interviewed, I can wake up with my heart pounding, feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin to escape. I get so caught up in the daily battle that I forget sometimes how "normal" people are now more anxious because of all of the horrible things that are going on. Thanks for the reminder. 

This broadcast is definitely a good one for everyone's anxiety, regardless of where it comes from.

Lyrics to May's JW Broadcast Original Song (compliments of Brother Chew)❤️

Each Day Has Its Own Anxieties

JWBroadcasting—May 2019

I know about the Paradise under God’s Kingdom,

And I believe with all my heart that better days will come.

But sometimes in this life, for me,

It’s hard to see the things unseen,

To feel the love I know is there when my heart is in despair.

But I know Jehovah’s near.

So I say a prayer from the heart.

When worries overtake my mind,

On his strength I can rely.

I’m not alone; I know he’s there.

I have his words of comfort

And true friends who really care.

Yes, each day has its own anxieties.

So I take one day at a time;

Leave tomorrow until tomorrow;

Peace is what I find

One day at a time.

So take these words I’ve said, my friend,

And know that I care.

Focus on the joys in life,

Not the burdens that we bear.

Think about what God has done.

To show his love, he gave his Son.

So never doubt; keep trusting him.

He gave his best so we could live.

So don’t give in to fear.

Say a prayer from the heart.

When worries overtake our mind,

On his strength we can rely.

We’re not alone, for he is there.

We have his words of comfort

So take one day at a time;

Peace is what we’ll find

One day at a time.

Say a prayer from the heart.

When worries overtake our mind,

On his strength we can rely.

We’re not alone, for he is there.

We have his words of comfort

So take one day at a time;

Peace is what we’ll find One day at a time—

One day at a time.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

21 hours ago, Saffron said:

I'm the type who can have panic attacks on good days where nothing is wrong. Like the sister who was interviewed, I can wake up with my heart pounding, feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin to escape. I get so caught up in the daily battle that I forget sometimes how "normal" people are now more anxious because of all of the horrible things that are going on. Thanks for the reminder. 

I can wake up with a rapid heart beat, feeling very hot, having to concentrate to breathe and feeling 'I'm not going to live through this. I thought it was afib, but after reading what your wrote I wondering if I am having a panic attack? Any suggestions on how you cope?

11 minutes ago, futurepromise said:

can wake up with a rapid heart beat, feeling very hot, having to concentrate to breathe and feeling 'I'm not going to live through this. I thought it was afib, but after reading what your wrote I wondering if I am having a panic attack? Any suggestions on how you cope?

So sorry to hear. 😔 This definitely can come along with heart related symptoms.. there have been times where I've been to the ER, unsure if I was having a heart attack or panic attack. 

I would suggest starting with your doctor. They will rule out any heart related problem first, then go from there. I take medication to take the edge off, then spend a lot of time listening to talks on JWB. Playing around here is also a distraction. 😁

My doctor suggested spending more time taking care of myself, making sure I get enough sleep and exercise, so I'm working on that. I also plan to implement some of what the sister in the video does.

I hope that something here is helpful and that you find some relief soon. 

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

I hope that something here is helpful and that you find some relief soon.  

Thank you for your quick and loving suggestions. I thank Jehovah for permitting me to be a part of our world wide brotherhood. I have been serving Jehovah for 59 years.

• 2 weeks later...

The interview with one of the Japanese sisters truly resonated with me when she said:"

"Our endurance under trial would become praise to God."

To know that Jehovah sees my trials and knows how much I endure makes me know how much He truly cares for me!

So grateful! :heart: