JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1787 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've met Leon Weaver several times, he is a very kind and smart brother. He mentioned in a recent broadcast that he is at the end of the age limit...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Hope said:

Corkern is an incredible speaker- one of my favorites on the Morning Worship rotation  👍

Are you there in Atlanta Uani? My whole family is there..my son is wearing his kilt today..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 minute ago, Hope said:

No, I'm in Oregon. 

Sorry, thought from your comment about the morning rotation of talks that you were. You obviously were not talking about the convention program under this topic..😲 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Sorry, thought from your comment about the morning rotation of talks that you were. You obviously were not talking about the convention program under this topic..😲 

No, I said Morning Worship rotation.. that we get on the Broadcast.  Bro Corkern is one of my favorite speakers in that forum 😁

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

If you look at the Watchtower 3 2019,  on page 2, you will see Brother Harold L. Corkern is president. Brother Leon  Weaver Jr.  is  getting old.

Ah, its the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of
New York, Inc.

not the one of Pennsylvania.

On 5/19/2019 at 12:46 AM, jwhess said:

I think Br. Bob Ciranko replaced Br. Don Adams as the Pres of the Pennsylvania corp.  Br. Corkern is replacing Leon Weaver in the New York corporation.

Yes, Bob Ciranko was appointed president of Watch Tower PA in 2014. Leon Weaver's replacement as the Watchtower NY president was pretty expected, since I remember him having featured in an annual meeting part dedicated to brothers who passed on their responsibilities to younger ones after reaching 80 years of age.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:33 PM, Dove said:

Are you there in Atlanta Uani? My whole family is there..my son is wearing his kilt today..

I saw the KILT....

im not that brave.....

both Corkern and Weavers parts were very well received this past week

Edited by DarinS

On 5/18/2019 at 2:42 PM, Hope said:

No, I said Morning Worship rotation.. that we get on the Broadcast.  Bro Corkern is one of my favorite speakers in that forum 😁

I was thinking of the symposiums instead of rotations..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, MikeyRo said:

Bob Ciranko was appointed president of Watch Tower PA in 2014

Was he appointed, or elected by the shareholders of the Pennsylvania corporation? As far as I understand, officers of WTBTSPa are being elected annually by the corporation members in a somewhat private meeting before the Annual Meeting program, isn't it?

11 hours ago, Patrick Starfish said:

Was he appointed, or elected by the shareholders of the Pennsylvania corporation? As far as I understand, officers of WTBTSPa are being elected annually by the corporation members in a somewhat private meeting before the Annual Meeting program, isn't it?

Since this is a "legal" discussion, I should have used the legal term "elected".  We have approved shareholders in a private meeting electing an unopposed brother recommended by our organization.