JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1652 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am making a compilation of the prophetic books for my personal study and future use so I can hide them in a secure place. Books such as Isaiah’s prophecy, live with jehovah’s Day in mind, daniel’s prophecy, revelations grand climax.please any links where I can download them?ASAP

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I am making a compilation of the prophetic books for my personal study and future use so I can hide them in a secure place. Books such as Isaiah’s prophecy, live with jehovah’s Day in mind, daniel’s prophecy, revelations grand climax.please any links where I can download them?ASAP

Are you going to print them or view via cd? Just curious.

Voni

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

I enjoy the material in our many publications dealing with prophecy.  The caution is that they fall behind our increasing understanding of the prophecies themselves.  They go "out-of-date" so to speak.  If you make this a project, I would suggest that a part of this project be the careful review of our "Beliefs Clarified" in the index.  This will help you avoid relearning "old" truths that have been updated or even eliminated.  

This is an example of updated understanding. The 7th world power has only been in existence since World War 1 but the Revelation book takes us back to the American Revolution or the early 1800s.....Enjoy your project.

*** w12 6/15 p. 15 par. 5 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***

5 Though Britain gained dominance, colonies in North America broke away. Even so, the United States was allowed to grow mighty, protected by British naval power. By the time the Lord’s day began in 1914, Britain had built the largest empire in history and the United States had become the greatest industrial power on earth. During World War I, the United States forged a special partnership with Britain. The seventh head of the beast had now emerged as the Anglo-American World Power. How did this head treat the seed of the woman?

*** re chap. 35 p. 253 par. 7 Executing Babylon the Great ***

7 By the 19th century, some of the colonies in North America had already broken away from Britain to form the independent United States of America. Politically, some conflict between the new nation and the former motherland continued. Nevertheless, the First World War forced both countries to recognize their common interests and cemented a special relationship between them. Thus, a kind of dual world power came to exist, made up of the United States of America, now the world’s wealthiest nation, and Great Britain, seat of the world’s largest empire. Here, then, is the seventh ‘head,’ or world power, that continues into the time of the end and in the territories of which the modern-day Witnesses of Jehovah first got established. Compared with the long reign of the sixth head, the seventh remains only “a short while,” until God’s Kingdom destroys all national entities.

I enjoy the material in our many publications dealing with prophecy.  The caution is that they fall behind our increasing understanding of the prophecies themselves.  They go "out-of-date" so to speak.  If you make this a project, I would suggest that a part of this project be the careful review of our "Beliefs Clarified" in the index.  This will help you avoid relearning "old" truths that have been updated or even eliminated.  

This is an example of updated understanding. The 7th world power has only been in existence since World War 1 but the Revelation book takes us back to the American Revolution or the early 1800s.....Enjoy your project.

5 Though Britain gained dominance, colonies in North America broke away. Even so, the United States was allowed to grow mighty, protected by British naval power. By the time the Lord’s day began in 1914, Britain had built the largest empire in history and the United States had become the greatest industrial power on earth. During World War I, the United States forged a special partnership with Britain. The seventh head of the beast had now emerged as the Anglo-American World Power. How did this head treat the seed of the woman?

7 By the 19th century, some of the colonies in North America had already broken away from Britain to form the independent United States of America. Politically, some conflict between the new nation and the former motherland continued. Nevertheless, the First World War forced both countries to recognize their common interests and cemented a special relationship between them. Thus, a kind of dual world power came to exist, made up of the United States of America, now the world’s wealthiest nation, and Great Britain, seat of the world’s largest empire. Here, then, is the seventh ‘head,’ or world power, that continues into the time of the end and in the territories of which the modern-day Witnesses of Jehovah first got established. Compared with the long reign of the sixth head, the seventh remains only “a short while,” until God’s Kingdom destroys all national entities.

thank you so much.when did the anglo American world power become the world power?was it in 1914 or 1919

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Br. Leonard, here is your starting point.  The index of Beliefs Clarified shows the reference to the Watchtower (that I quoted above).  A footnote to Paragraph 5 and and entire "Questions From Readers" on page 19 will lead you to the answer.

*** dx86-19 Beliefs Clarified ***

2012, “all these kingdoms” (Da 2:44): w12 6/15 17

Mordecai and Esther “divide spoil” in fulfillment of Genesis 49:27: ia 142; w12 1/1 29

ruin caused by “king fierce in countenance” (Da 8:23, 24): w12 6/15 16

toes of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image (Da 2): w12 6/15 16

when seventh world power emerged: w12 6/15 15, 19

2013, anointed not to survive Armageddon on earth: w13 7/15 5

On 5/27/2019 at 5:04 PM, jwhess said:

Since the Anglo American world power became such in 1914 then Rome had been the world power until around 1914 with this adjustment in mind 

23 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Since the Anglo American world power became such in 1914 then Rome had been the world power until around 1914 with this adjustment in mind 

For a study project, ask yourself if a "Wold-Power" has to be in continuous command over centuries or can there be lapses in the continuity?  We know there are lapses in the King of the North and King of the South Prophecies.

28 minutes ago, jwhess said:

For a study project, ask yourself if a "Wold-Power" has to be in continuous command over centuries or can there be lapses in the continuity?  We know there are lapses in the King of the North and King of the South Prophecies.

I get your point

Revelation 17:10And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while.

at the time John was saying this, Rome was the world power and then the scripture says the other has not yet arrived but when he does, he must remain a short while. Meaning that Anglo American world power must remain a short while in terms of the number of years to rule and dominate the world scene  as compared to the last six world powers. 

• 4 months later...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Is there any special meaning in having certain literatures placed in "older publications" and not with other ones? Is it because it is specifically outdated?

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It will be listed under a new subheading. Publications > Books > Older Publications.

Is there any special meaning in having certain literatures placed in "older publications" and not with other ones? Is it because it is specifically outdated?

We are asked to focus on more recent publications when doing our personal study.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 9/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, Thesauron said:

It will be listed under a new subheading. Publications > Books > Older Publications.

Thanks for the info. 

Sadly no pictures though. Maybe they can come later. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Thanks for the info. 

The brothers usually do not make much effort to make older illustrations available. There are many other, more important things, that requires their attention.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 hours ago, AH173 said:

Thanks for the info. 

The Isaiah volumes are available in full PDF in Vietnamese:

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_publication/8b/ip-1_VT.pdf

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_publication/de/ip-2_VT.pdf

Publications last edited before 2013 don't have pictures in their library versions.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, My little flower said:

May I assume by download you mean to bury underground?

On 10/2/2019 at 10:27 AM, Thesauron said:

The brothers usually do not make much effort to make older illustrations available. There are many other, more important things, that requires their attention.

Ok, I get the picture!

Er - I don't get the picture.

Seriously - did Jesus use actual pictures when he gave illustrations?   

I found this interesting.

KM 3/85

"Why not take the opportunity to study or review some of the older publications. . . .perhaps newer publishers have not had a chance to examine their contents. The information in these books has strengthened the worldwide unity of Jehovah's Witnesses and has contributed to our spiritual development. (1 Cor. 1:10) If you have not already done so, why not obtain such older publications for your own theocratic library".

This was from an "older publication" but isn't it still applicable today?