JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ukraine President disolves parliament and refuses to be worshipped.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1798 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I thought this was interesting for a leader to say. https://www.npr.org/2019/05/20/724961911/ukraines-comedian-president-takes-office-says-he-s-dissolving-parliament

He urged Cabinet leaders and others not to put his portrait on their office walls.

"I really do not want my pictures in your offices, for the President is not an icon, an idol or a portrait," he said. "Hang your kids' photos instead, and look at them each time you are making a decision."

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

6 hours ago, Nirex said:

thought this was interesting for a leader 

This man is an actor, he played the part of a President in one of his shows, the public was so disillusioned with all the other candidates that they wrote in his name.

Over 75%of the votes were for him....

It will be interesting to watch.

He may perform a little better than President Trump, I don't know if Mr Trump ever acted as a President before.  Maybe this man will do a good job for Ukraine.

Erm since we're not supposed to have opinion on politics I won't say anything of his possible rule. But as a human being he doesn't seem that bad and actually seems like he cares for his people.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

So , if a person is just given an office of leadership without doing anything to seek said office . Are they a politician?    

Not that it’s the  case with Ukraine ( How should I know?) but imagine that the public just for no apparent reason decided to write in Brother Lett as US president, how would that play out? 

46 minutes ago, Dages said:

Bro Lett would refuse. Simple.

John 6:15

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D