JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Visiting Headquarters Question

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1774 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Ok, I'm not sure which forum to chose to ask this so excuse me if it's the wrong one.   I am hoping to book a cruise holiday out of New Jersey/Cape Liberty and I'll be arriving a couple days early so I have a whole day before the cruise.  I was thinking how far is Bethel/Warwick?  Is it too far to consider?   I have never been to the area so know nothing about how far things might be and what traffic might be like.    Assuming of course that having a car to get there is an absolute necessity?   There's only the one day and it would be a Saturday (tours on Saturdays?).   Of course, all this might not happen, I'm just in the planning stages but would love to visit Bethel if I was in the area.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Ok, I'm not sure which forum to chose to ask this so excuse me if it's the wrong one.   I am hoping to book a cruise holiday out of New Jersey/Cape Liberty and I'll be arriving a couple days early so I have a whole day before the cruise.  I was thinking how far is Bethel/Warwick?  Is it too far to consider?   I have never been to the area so know nothing about how far things might be and what traffic might be like.    Assuming of course that having a car to get there is an absolute necessity?   There's only the one day and it would be a Saturday (tours on Saturdays?).   Of course, all this might not happen, I'm just in the planning stages but would love to visit Bethel if I was in the area.

The distances aren't that bad but first you need to get the visitor information from your SEC. My understanding is that visitations to Warick are booked up well in advance.

Members, please correct me if I have misstated.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

This is a copy of the last page on the tour brochure available on the JW.ORG website. (no Saturday tours listed).

Planning a Visit?

Tours are available Monday to Friday,

8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Make a reservation online at:

JW.ORG >ABOUT US >OFFICES & TOURS

The World Headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses

1 Kings Drive, Tuxedo Park, New York 10987 2017

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

I was booking tour for August (2 people 2-3 months ago)  and had great difficulty finding a spot ( booked out 99%) at the end I had to adjust flight to accomodate booking for Bethel, wasn’t easy .... so I recommend checking reservations for tours ASAP. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I visited Warwick last February and they wouldn't let visitors in if they didn't have a reservation. I had to book my tour with several months in advance so I'd have a look at the website first.

As an alternative if you can't get a reservation, you can always visit Patterson or Wallkill. In some aspects I found the Wallkill tour more interesting that the Warwick one.

Regarding travel time, I rent a car in Lower Manhattan and, on an evening with normal traffic, it took us more or less 75 minutes  to get there.