JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What scriptures get you through this dying system

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1774 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What are some of your favorite scriptures that are getting you through this dying system ? One for me is Proverbs 3: 5 and 6 not leaning on my own understanding and Jehovah making my path straight...

also I was in search of a scripture that I can't find but maybe you guys can help me it was talking about the moon and the sun being no more than for any word of God to fail... does anybody know that scripture?

The moon and the sun...mmm...I know the Bible talks about heaven and earth being more likely to disappear rather than God's word being unfulfilled.

Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place. Matthew 5:18-19

or

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away. Matthew 24:35

Edited by Bek

A scripture I find very encouraging is Zephaniah 3:17:

Jehovah your God is in your midst. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with great joy. He will become silent in his love. He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

I can imagine Jehovah waiting in expectation when we face a trial, then jumping and shouting with joy when we keep our integrity, as lot as in Caleb's and Sophia's video Make Jehovah Happy. I try to think of that when I feel tempted to do something wrong.

Psalm 27:14 Hope in Jehovah;

Be courageous and strong of heart.

Yes, hope in Jehovah.

Isaiah 41:10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you.

Do not be anxious, for I am your God.

I will fortify you, yes, I will help you,

I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.’

Psalms 37:7-11

7 Keep silent before JehovahAnd wait expectantly for him. Do not be upset by the man Who succeeds in carrying out his schemes. ה [He] 8 Let go of anger and abandon rage; Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.  9 For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. ו [Waw] 10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there.  11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

• 2 weeks later...

John 16:33

"I have said these things to you so that by means of me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.”

Psalms 103:12

As far off as the sunrise is from the sunset,

So far off from us he has put our transgressions.

Romans 8:38, 39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Numbers 6:24-26

24-“May Jehovah bless you and safeguard you

25- May Jehovah make his face shine upon you, and may he favor you.

26- May Jehovah lift up his face toward you and grant you peace.”

So intimate, reassuring, comforting and poetic.  This gets me through: 

the moment, the day, the week, the year, this system.

Milele

I have several. For different stages, I guess

Phil. 4:12, I know how to be low on provisions, and how to have an abundance.in everything, and in all circumstances I have learned the secret of both how to be full and how to hunger, both how to have an abundance and how to do without.

Ps. 91:1,2 Anyone dwelling in the secret place of the Most High will lodge under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to Jehovah, “You are my refuge and my stronghold, my God in whom I will trust.

2 Chron. 20:17, “You will not need to fight this battle, take your position, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf.” 

Incidentally, I love this topic. It’s like the one on our favorite scriptures for the ministry. I think of topics like this as a really good morning  going into service and having an excellent visit with all in the car group. 

And, what a car group! 🥰🥰🥰

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)