JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So, How Do You Eat Sushi?

How Do You Eat Sushi? 
With my fingers

Fewie  it's ok  
1 - Pick it up with your fingers - It’s fine!

Me too. It’s finger food to me. Light finger grip. Sometimes with sticks if my company feels it’s icky.

How do you do with the soy?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I use chopsticks but now I see how wrong I’ve been using them. And I do like to dip the sushi rice in the soy, also wrong. 

Cant stand the ginger, so I’m not going to start using it as a brush now. But despite all my faux pas, I love my sushi!

Don’t eat the ginger if you don’t like it, just use it to coat the fish with soy, unless the fish is already coated. It’s quite clever.

The idea with ginger is to clean your palate between bites, but as Jiro says in this article, other things, such as tea, works as well.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Does anyone make their own Sushi?
I think I would enjoy making some good sushi and it would probably be much more affordable than Sushi at the restaurants.
200.gif&key=bc1dac6833b13285b8bb6cd369bc88a7cc842e64eb40cfccb2bf7d659de4a839

I have tried. There are two things that are tricky: Getting good fish for nigiri, temari, and oishi, and getting the rice just right. Shaping the sushi is easy.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Usually with fork and knife 🍽🍣🙈

Thank you for the reminder, I should eat sushi while in Scandinavia. Even the fresh supermarket sushi is edible and unlike in the US, I can find delicious salmon nigiri rolls..mmmm...

Regards,

Mr. I hate tuna and California rolls

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Usually with fork and knife

Thank you for the reminder, I should eat sushi while in Scandinavia. Even the fresh supermarket sushi is edible and unlike in the US, I can find delicious salmon nigiri rolls..mmmm...

Regards,
Mr. I hate tuna and California rolls

Why do you eat sushi with knife and fork?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

21 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Why do you eat sushi with knife and fork?

Nu blir det en riktig chatt det här... 😅 Men jag har inte finmotorik i fingrarna att kunna äta med pinnar 🙈 Skulle jag bo i Asien vore jag nog tvungen att lära mig.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Nu blir det en riktig chatt det här... Men jag har inte finmotorik i fingrarna att kunna äta med pinnar Skulle jag bo i Asien vore jag nog tvungen att lära mig.

Picking them up with your fingers to eat them is totally acceptable as well...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”