JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Installing watchtower cd rom on MICROSOFT Surface Pro 6 i5 128GB 12.3''

Welcome Bro Arsenio

Yes you can. There is no DVD drive in these devices. Nether did my smaller device. Personally I bought an external DVD  drive.. Very cheaply.. (has been used for other things since)

And then just ran the installation routine 

Edited by Alan

spelling grammar

1 hour ago, Arcy said:

Hello brothers! I just want to know does anyone know if its possible to install watchtower cd rom on MICROSOFT Surface Pro 6 i5 128GB 12.3''?

Just download the file from jw.org to a usb flash drive or just the HD of the device. If you have Win 10 you just double click the downloaded file and run the setup.exe file

If you don't win 10 you have to search for an utility that let's you mount the downloaded file as a virtual drive (for example Magic ISO)

I have used both of these methods suggested.  They work well on my older Surface device.  If you are using Windows 10, the download of the file is easier if you do not happen to have the 2017 DVD disk on hand.  In either case you will most likely have to install and then update to the latest version.

If you already have an external DVD player (I did) and the 2017 disk, just attach the player to an available USB port and load the DVD disk.

Thank you so much brothers! I really appreciate your comments! It helps me to see if this device fits my need. Actually I'm looking for a table that i may able to install both jw library app and watchtower cd rom. Thanks for the help brothers! 😊

Edited by Arcy

15 hours ago, Arcy said:

MICROSOFT Surface Pro 6 i5 128GB 12.3''

Hi Brother Arsenio,

I was wondering if you could share some of your thoughts/opinions about the Surface Pro 6?

I like the fact that a tablet can run the WT Library CD, so I was thinking that this would be better for me than a larger iPad.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

2 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Hi Brother Arsenio,

I was wondering if you could share some of your thoughts/opinions about the Surface Pro 6?

I like the fact that a tablet can run the WT Library CD, so I was thinking that this would be better for me than a larger iPad.

Hi Neil

I have the much cheaper Surface Go and it works great! But it's smaller at 10.5'' (which is better for me but may not be for you)

The surface Go has all the goodies of a Win10 laptop but also the goodies of a slim tablet

Check it out :)

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Intel-Pentium-Gold/dp/B07FKVTPC2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7XJS9C4Q2MHVDTXSB8NC

Edited by jayrtom

11 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I have the much cheaper Surface Go and it works great! But it's smaller at 10.5'' (which is better for me but may not be for you)

The surface Go has all the goodies of a Win10 laptop but also the goodies of a slim tablet

Check it out :)

Thanks Joao (tu)

Can you share with me your thoughts about how the WT Library CD installed runs on the Surface Go? Does it run fast like on a laptop?

And how about the internet, does it seem to be as quick as on a laptop or do you notice delay?

Thanks for your help.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

4 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Thanks Joao (tu)

Can you share with me your thoughts about how the WT Library CD installed runs on the Surface Go? Does it run fast like on a laptop?

And how about the internet, does it seem to be as quick as on a laptop or do you notice delay?

Thanks for your help.

Everything runs as fast as needed. I have around 20 tabs open on chrome without any noticeble delay

It connects fast with the internet and there is no signal lost

I also watch netflix on it flawlessly

JW Library is also fast 

The only thing it can't handle at top speed is playing games (and it just doesn't play any graphics demanding game)  or photoshop (it works but is slower than a laptop with an integrated graphics card)

Overall I have no complains whatsoever

2 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Hi Brother Arsenio,

I have limited thought about this device brother, all i can say since this device was windows based tablet it is useful for the ministry knowing the fact that you can bring with you both wt library cd and jw library even in remote area where there's no access to the online library. 😅