JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Could Climate Change be the cry of peace and security

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1661 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 9/30/2019 at 10:28 AM, Thesauron said:

It is certainly so that they feel that there’s no way out. They need hope, and we are the only ones who can give them that. They are in a desperate state, and we take their concerns seriously.

So true - they need the good news of God's Kingdom!   (Matthew 24:14)

On 9/27/2019 at 11:01 PM, JennyM said:

rainbow is used by Jehovah  as a promise not to destroy humankind by flood. Now its used for LGBT.. Looks like they're provoking Jehovah. 

On 9/29/2019 at 2:45 PM, Hugh O'D said:

Householder pointed out to me Jehovah's rainbow has seven colours but theirs has six.

So the history of this flag from what I read goes like this. In 1978, when the flag was first made, it had 8 colours. Then it got revised to down to 7 in that same year due to lack of fabric to make all 8 colours and due to a huge demand for this flag due to an assassination of a gay activist. Then in 1979 it got down to 6 colours due to the seventh colour being covered up on a lamp post. To this day it has been 6 colours.

God’s rainbow doesn’t have to change colour due to lack of fabric or not fitting on a lamp post, Jehovah owns this rainbow and has made a promise that he will never destroy mankind by way of flood again. The true rainbow will never represent and will not celebrate any sinful behaviour.

I wouldn’t consider the LGBT flag a rainbow flag but a multi colour flag. It doesn’t represent Jehovah in any way. Satan tried to mock Jehovah but failed.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, Brother Jack said:

I don’t think this will lead to the cry of peace and security. Maybe this coupled with something else. Climate change may cause a person to lack a feeling of security but doesn’t make one feel unsafe as in their peace being threatened.

It's affecting people's lives in a big way, including our brothers. Natural disasters, food shortages, lack of water, loss of livelihoods, drought, extreme heat, extreme cold, to name just a few things.

Extenction Rebellion groups around the world, climate strikes, in our own localities. The iron and clay is really manifesting itself. These groups are growing and say they won't stop until the governments listen and do something about it.

The UN had made it one of their biggest issues and are talking more and more about multilateralism to solve these issues. I believe we're on the homestretch. Last week's WT showed a runner stretching out in the race while the rest were distracted. We're on the homestretch.

1 hour ago, Medit8 said:

It's affecting people's lives in a big way, including our brothers. Natural disasters, food shortages, lack of water, loss of livelihoods, drought, extreme heat, extreme cold, to name just a few things.

Extenction Rebellion groups around the world, climate strikes, in our own localities. The iron and clay is really manifesting itself. These groups are growing and say they won't stop until the governments listen and do something about it.

The UN had made it one of their biggest issues and are talking more and more about multilateralism to solve these issues. I believe we're on the homestretch. Last week's WT showed a runner stretching out in the race while the rest were distracted. We're on the homestretch.

I believe this systems end is near too, but the things you listed make some of mankind feel insecure about their continued existence on this planet but I don’t think it makes people think their security or safety is threatened, that’s all.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

@Nirex That Barbados minister really says it like it is. I’ve only watched the first 9 minutes, but she’s absolutely nailed it. “Never in the history of mankind has one generation had such responsibility” to fix this (by political will). They all know it’s very serious, the most pressing of all the issues the world is facing, so no wonder even school kids are out in force. I think this is very different from past demonstrations, and it does affect peace and security for the people of the world.

Peace - wars over power to control water supplies, arable land, and the influx of climate refugees affected by natural disasters

Security - sustainability of human life on earth.

Humans are facing the realisation that something URGENTLY has to be done, and from the links Nirex has posted, they still are looking at the UN squarely to fix this. It’s really the only thing that seems to unite them. They know WHAT to fix, but not HOW.

No wonder humans are being misled by such powerful propaganda. There is no other hope for them.

• 3 weeks later...