JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

One flock, one shepherd.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1636 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's a beautiful thing that we all serve Jehovah as one flock—both Jesus' little flock and his other sheep follow him as one flock.

Now, If sheep belonging to different shepherds gather together as one flock so as to rest in a pen, it is entirely impossible to tell through outward appearance which sheep belongs to whom.

Similarly, it is entirely impossible to tell through outward appearance who is anointed and who is not among the Witnesses.

Are we not truly one flock?

If you haven't seen this picture yet, spot the anointed Witness(es) in 5 seconds. If you have, assume you haven't.

Screenshot_20191030-204408.png.b2f0f1490211cfa59bf578846c4cdd55.png

Brother Lett was at out Circuit Assembly on Sunday and I had a chance to meet him. While we were talking a sister that I know that partakes came up to meet him. He didn't give any indication that he recognized her as a partaker.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It only becomes obvious when you get into deep conversation about the future really - instead of talking about doing physical things in paradise they will either talk about joining Jesus or steer the convo away from themselves. 

In fact, the FDS are only the FDS as a collective - individually they are Brother Herd, Losch etc etc, just like you and I.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Immistic said:

f you haven't seen this picture yet, spot the anointed Witness(es) in 5 seconds. If you have, assume you haven't.

I was going to say the one with the sun glasses...until I saw Brother Herd!😎

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On 10/30/2019 at 3:46 PM, Immistic said:

It's a beautiful thing that we all serve Jehovah as one flock—both Jesus' little flock and his other sheep follow him as one flock.

Now, If sheep belonging to different shepherds gather together as one flock so as to rest in a pen, it is entirely impossible to tell through outward appearance which sheep belongs to whom.

Similarly, it is entirely impossible to tell through outward appearance who is anointed and who is not among the Witnesses.

Are we not truly one flock?

If you haven't seen this picture yet, spot the anointed Witness(es) in 5 seconds. If you have, assume you haven't.

Screenshot_20191030-204408.png.b2f0f1490211cfa59bf578846c4cdd55.png

Well, I recognize 3 from my congregation and of course, Bro. Herd.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, Bro Richard said:

Brother Lett was at out Circuit Assembly on Sunday and I had a chance to meet him. While we were talking a sister that I know that partakes came up to meet him. He didn't give any indication that he recognized her as a partaker.

This reminds me of a rumour I used to hear long ago, that anointed ones could identify one another.

This reminds me of a rumour I used to hear long ago, that anointed ones could identify one another.

They have never been able to. Such a superpower would be fun though, lol. But they can recognise true Christians the way all of us can.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

They have never been able to. Such a superpower would be fun though, lol. But they can recognise true Christians the way all of us can.

They will be able to identify one another depending on what spiritual things they talk about. But that doesn’t happen all the time, and our publications discourage anointed ones to try to identify other anointed ones, as if looking for members of an exclusive club (w20.01 Study Article 5, par. 7).

Although, seriously, it happens sometimes. And if it does, it might be for a reason. :)

What our focus now is to promote unity in the congregation, no matter what our hope is. One flock, one shepherd. :D

My uncle always said "I will know whose annointed when I see them up there".

However, I must say that they are constantly preaching.  Not that anyone of us are not, but, they really take it to the umph degree.  I mean it is foremost on their minds.  My uncle had a stroke not to long ago and when he was released from the hospital the next day he went out preaching.  Some elders how to go and get him and bring him back.

I always tell him "Uncle Mike, you're going to heaven with your boots on".

4 hours ago, cme said:

My uncle always said "I will know whose annointed when I see them up there".

However, I must say that they are constantly preaching.  Not that anyone of us are not, but, they really take it to the umph degree.  I mean it is foremost on their minds.  My uncle had a stroke not to long ago and when he was released from the hospital the next day he went out preaching.  Some elders how to go and get him and bring him back.

Lol.

Reminds me of the brothers' leaving jail in 1919 and Immediately organising a convention.

What do you expect? Afterall, Jesus gave them some talentzzzz to multiply!

I always tell him "Uncle Mike, you're going to heaven with your boots on".

Just think: after the 1,000 years, no more preaching will be done. This glorious satisfying work will have come to its end.

46 minutes ago, Immistic said:

Just think: after the 1,000 years, no more preaching will be done. This glorious satisfying work will have come to its end.

It seems that it would be more teaching then preaching and it will be done a long time before the end of the 1000 years...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D