JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A new game - continued

rbrown1205

Flower

James 1:9,10  But the lowly brother rejoice over his exaltation, and the rich one over his humiliation , because like a flower of the field he will pass away.

Seed

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

seed

(Ecclesiastes 11:4) . . .The one who watches the wind will not sow seed, and the one who looks at the clouds will not reap. . .

dust

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

sacrifices

(Habakkuk 1:16) . . .That is why he offers sacrifices to his dragnet And makes sacrifices to his fishing net; For by them his portion is rich, And his food is choice.

confusion

Confusion

Judges 4:15.  Then Jehovah threw Sisʹe·ra and all his war chariots and all the army into confusion before the sword of Baʹrak. Finally Sisʹe·ra got down from his chariot and fled on foot

Envoy

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

north

(Ecclesiastes 1:6) . . .The wind goes south and circles around to the north; Round and round it continuously circles; the wind keeps making its rounds.

happen

ability

(Ecclesiastes 5:19) . . .when the true God gives a man riches and material possessions along with the ability to enjoy them, he should take his reward and rejoice in his hard work. This is the gift of God. . .

yonder

I like that one John, wow, don't remember reading it before.

Yonder. Again, there isn't a scripture,  in search for verses or articles, with this word. Where did you get it?

• Paradise (‎1 occurrence)
    • God would cause that abandoned land to be tilled and sown, to produce richly, and to abound with humankind and animalkind; the cities would be rebuilt and inhabited, and people would say: “That land yonder which was laid desolate has become like the garden of Eden.” (Eze 36:6-11, 29, 30, 33-35; compare Isa 51:3; Jer 31:10-12; Eze 34:25-27.)

• it-2 pp. 574-576 - Insight, Volume 2

Worm

How did you find that? My search turned up with 0 occurrences.

Worm - Jonah  4:7 But the true God sent a worm at the break of dawn on the next day, and it attacked the bottle-gourd plant, and it withered

Brace

15 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I like that one John, wow, don't remember reading it before.

Yonder. Again, there isn't a scripture,  in search for verses or articles, with this word. Where did you get it?

• God would cause that abandoned land to be tilled and sown, to produce richly, and to abound with humankind and animalkind; the cities would be rebuilt and inhabited, and people would say: “That land yonder which was laid desolate has become like the garden of Eden.” (Eze 36:6-11, 29, 30, 33-35; compare Isa 51:3; Jer 31:10-12; Eze 34:25-27.)

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

How did you find that? My search turned up with 0 occurrences.

Worm - Jonah  4:7 But the true God sent a worm at the break of dawn on the next day, and it attacked the bottle-gourd plant, and it withered

Brace

• -------------------
      • @Qapla.........so you see where I got the word 'yonder' from.......can we use other Bibles other that our Stdy Bible or NWT?  Just wondering.

can we use other Bibles other that our Stdy Bible or NWT?

I rather not use other translations of the bible unless we can identify the version of the translation. As regard that text “That land yonder which was laid desolate has become like the garden of Eden.” the version of the bible is not stated in the insight book.

31 minutes ago, Mclove said:

I rather not use other translations of the bible unless we can identify the version of the translation. As regard that text “That land yonder which was laid desolate has become like the garden of Eden.” the version of the bible is not stated in the insight book.

@Mclove

Good morning.  I put the word 'yonder' in WOL and the above is what it pulled up.  I am now looking at my IN-2, page 576, under the heading 'A Spiritual Paradise" and yes, that sentence is there.  Thank you for making me check myself again.  My old eyes aren't what they used to be.  I really enjoy this game and I hope you do too.  

As regards "yonder"

1 hour ago, Mclove said:

(Ezekiel 36:35) . . .And people will certainly say: “That land yonder which was laid desolate has become like the garden of Eden, and the cities that were a waste and that were laid desolate and that were torn down are fortified; they have become inhabited. . . [Rbi8 - NWT Reference Bible 1984]

Since this is a valid edition of the NWT - I have no problem with any of our translations that are readily available in the Watchtower Library. I do agree that using the KJV, AST or others may not be the best ... but when it is in a Bible we can fine with a search in our own WTBTS library - I see no reason we cannot use it.

On with the game:

brace

(1 Peter 1:13) . . .So brace up your minds for activity; keep your senses completely; set your hope on the undeserved kindness that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. . .

chance

Edited by Qapla

Shorn ...

OK - this one has me trying to decide which of these I liked the best ... so, I decided to post them both:

• (Song of Solomon 4:2) . . .Your teeth are like a flock of newly shorn sheep That have come up from being washed, All of them bearing twins, And not one has lost her young. . .
  • (Deuteronomy 18:4) . . .The firstfruits of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first wool that is shorn from your flock you should give him. . .

backwards

I chose it because of Solomon 4:2! 

Backward - Genesis 9:23, So Shem and Jaʹpheth took a garment and put it upon both their shoulders and walked in backward. Thus they covered their father’s nakedness while their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness.

I like this one for the dignity of it.

Melts

melts

(Amos 9:5) . . .For the Sovereign Lord, Jehovah of the armies, is the One who touches the land, So that it melts, and all its inhabitants will mourn; And all of it will rise like the Nile, And sink down like the Nile of Egypt. . .

absolute