A new game - continued

rbrown1205

lad

(1 Samuel 17:56) . . .So the king said: “You inquire whose son the lad is."

bottom

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Bottom

Daniel 6:24. The king then gave an order, and the men who had accused Daniel were brought, and they were thrown into the lions’ pit, along with their sons and their wives. They had not reached the bottom of the pit before the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones😳😳

presumptuousness

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 minutes ago, Good-O said:

presumptuousness

Prov 13:10:  By presumptuousness one only causes a struggle, but with those consulting together there is wisdom.

prickle

I need to know how you all are finding words like this? I go to the Bible and click on search,  type in the word but comes up '0 occurrences'. Sooo, okayyy

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I need to know how you all are finding words like this? I go to the Bible and click on search,  type in the word but comes up '0 occurrences'. Sooo, okayyy

@bagwell1987  I am going on WOL and at the top Left you can click onto any of the Bibles and it pulls this up....below may be TMI but try it yourself and see what you get.  I must have read this on a post here to be able to do that..........please let me know what you find.  I don't know how to take a screen shot, etc. to show you.........I can only copy/paste.  Old girl here...not tech knowledgeable but trying to learn.   

image.png.791f1e4db86918967e758517c845a767.png

This is the one from the DVD - not JWL

I always check to make certain that any word I select appears in the body of a scripture in one of the NWT editions (Rbi8 -1984, NWT - 2013, NWTSY - 2020)

prickle

(Ezekiel 28:24) . . .And no more will there prove to be to the house of Israel a malignant prickle or a painful thorn out of all those round about them, those who are treating them with scorn; and people will have to know that I am the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. . .

cobra

Edited by Qapla

blossoms

(Nahum 1:4) . . .He rebukes the sea, and he dries it up; And he makes all the rivers run dry. Bashan and Carmel wither, And the blossoms of Lebanon wither. . .

homeless

Edited by Qapla

Homeless

lamentations 3:19

‘Remember my affliction and my homeless state,  the wormwood and the bitter poison’

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Oppressive

(Zephaniah 3:1) . . .Woe to the rebellious, the polluted, the oppressive city. . .

cleaner  

I t seems that the NWT uses the word 'annul' instead of 'void'

but in the KJV it occurs in Numbers 30:13 and more..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, Dove said:

I t seems that the NWT uses the word 'annul' instead of 'void'

but in the KJV it occurs in Numbers 30:13 and more..

And, at Romans 3:31.  I forgot to write down which Bible/verse I did use so when I get thru w/service I will search for it.    I understood John (@Qapla) say we could use the Bibles on WOL as long as we use those.  I hope I didn't misunderstand.  Please correct me if I misunderstood.  Thx.

5 minutes ago, Good-O said:

And, at Romans 3:31.  I forgot to write down which Bible/verse I did use so when I get thru w/service I will search for it.    I understood John (@Qapla) say we could use the Bibles on WOL as long as we use those.  I hope I didn't misunderstand.  Please correct me if I misunderstood.  Thx.

ok, found it.  Jer 19:7 in Rbi8.....NWT w/References 

void:  And I will make void the counsel of Judah and of Jerusalem in this place,+ and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies and by the hand of those seeking for their soul.+ And I will give their dead bodies as food to the flying creatures of the heavens and to the beasts of the earth.+

I don't know where Rbi8 is, but the 2013 NWT uses the word 'thwart' in that verse..

maybe we're using too many versions....😀

14 minutes ago, Good-O said:

I don't think you did..🙂

I use the WT Library (from the DVD) on the PC. It has, by default, the Rbi8 [1984] edition, the NWT [2013] edition and the NWTSY [2020] in the results returned in a search

Here is how it works:

image.png.782e7ec868ac9517b3f36a7f891f022d.png

image.png.7ca577b31a37ac5959c547a8bde7c50a.png

image.png.42de7e16e636425bb6b2eb91858c98ab.png

image.png.dd63631a3801557ef94ad794ebf205f5.png

So, it would be valid to use the Rbi8 [1984] edition of the NWT (remember, the NWT we were using before we got the "new" on in 2013 rendered the scriptures exatly as they are in the "reference/large print" edition)

(Jeremiah 19:7) . . .And I will make void the counsel of Judah and of Jerusalem in this place, and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies and by the hand of those seeking for their soul. And I will give their dead bodies as food to the flying creatures of the heavens and to the beasts of the earth. . .
(1 Corinthians 9:15) . . .But I have not made use of a single one of these [provisions]. Indeed, I have not written these things that it should become so in my case, for it would be finer for me to die than—no man is going to make my reason for boasting

4 hours ago, Good-O said:

I understood John (@Qapla) say we could use ...

As I see it, we should be able to use any "current, valid" edition of the NWT of the Bible. Since the 1984, 2013 and 2020 editions are all still included in the WTL it would seem they are all still current and valid. The "old green Bible" [1961 edition] that many of us used until the 1984 edition was released is no longer found in any current library produced for us by the Branch - so I'm not sure using that one would be "valid" to use for this game.

What can be found on the WOL or the JWL may not be as inclusive as what is found in the WTL - or may not be as easy to locate from the 1984 edition as the WTL - but that should not prevent us from using the 1984 edition since it is still included in a "current, valid" edition of the WTL ... and it is definitely current as we just had an update this past week.

With these thoughts in mind ... and ... since no new word was offered before this discussion of editions began - and we are trying to keep to editions that are "current" and "valid" ... how about someone decide between the words :

• current
    • While this word is found 29 times in the "Bible" category, only 3 of the occurrences are found in the "body" of a scripture, the rest are all references
  • valid
    • This word is found 31 times in the "Bible" category - 3 of these are found in the "body" of a scripture with the rest being references

So, some pick:   current or valid

Edited by Qapla

OK - Since no one seems to want to pick and someone suggested I should pick ... I'll use both (of course, I will start with the easy one)

valid

(Genesis 47:26) . . .Then Joseph made it a decree, which is valid until today over the land of Egypt. . .

current