JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A new game - continued

rbrown1205

7 minutes ago, normaclutter said:

vomit (one of my favorite words in the bible. 😆)

Thank you, finally a word I can recognise. This seems like a good game I can play.

(Revelation 3:16) 16 So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=66003016&srcid=share

Proposal:

world

3 minutes ago, normaclutter said:

beautiful

(Song of Solomon 4:1) 4 “Look! You are beautiful, my beloved.
Look! You are beautiful.
Your eyes are those of doves behind your veil.
Your hair is like a flock of goats
Streaming down the mountains of Gilʹe·ad.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=22004001&srcid=share

Proposal:

follow

4 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Couldn’t find dispatch exactly...

That's OK - using the past tense of the word or plural/single seems to me it should count ... and we are figuring this game out as we go since we did not have clear instructions at the beginning.

BTW 

(Acts 11:13) . . .He reported to us how he saw the angel stand in his house and say, ‘Dispatch men to Joppa and send for Simon who is surnamed Peter. . .

Now, back to the game and current word:

tree

(Nehemiah 10:35) . . .We will also bring the first ripe fruits of our land and the first ripe fruits of every sort of fruit tree, year by year, to the house of Jehovah  . .

stinky

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Before we use an alternative form of a word, maybe we could see if the actual word can be found:

(Psalm 38:5) . . .My wounds have become stinky, they have festered, Because of my foolishness.

Back to the game:

leg

(1 Samuel 9:24) . . .At that the cook lifted up the leg and what was on it, and set it before Saul. And Samuel said: “What has been reserved has been set before you. Eat, because they have reserved it for you for this occasion. For I told them, ‘I invited guests.’” So Saul ate with Samuel on that day. . .

consternation 

Ok, so it's me again😃

Consternation - ok so it means agony or dismay. I did a search on jwlibrary and came up with nothing but in a www.search it came up with a few. But the brothers dont use this word anymore. If you find it then let me know.

Happiness

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

11 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Happiness

(Acts 20:35) 35 I have shown you in all things that by working hard in this way, you must assist those who are weak and must keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, when he himself said: ‘There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.’”
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=44020035&srcid=share

Proposal:

thoughts

(I never knew the word consternation was in the nwtsty bible or even in the English dictionary.)

Thoughts

Psalms 34:33,34 I will sing to Jehovah throughout my life;I will sing praises to my God as long as I live.  34 Let my thoughts be pleasing to him.I will rejoice in Jehovah

Songs

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

8 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

ok so it means agony or dismay. I did a search on jwlibrary and came up with nothing but in a www.search it came up with a few. But the brothers dont use this word anymore. If you find it then let me know.

Large Print Reference Bible (Rbi8 - 1984)

(Job 41:25) . . .Due to its rising up the strong get frightened; Due to consternation they get bewildered.

The current Bible has this rendering:

(Job 41:25) . . .When it rises up, even the mighty are frightened; Its thrashing causes bewilderment.

Writhe

(Micah 4:10) . . .Writhe and groan, O daughter of Zion, Like a woman giving birth, For now you will go from the city and reside in the field. You will go as far as to Babylon, And there you will be rescued; There Jehovah will buy you back from the hand of your enemies.

apply

Beginning

(Amos 7:1) . . .This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah showed me: Look! He formed a locust swarm when the late crop was beginning to come up. This was the later crop after the king’s hay had been cut. . .

helpless

Helpless

1 Kings 21:21 here I am bringing calamity upon you, and I will make a clean sweep after you and will annihilate from Aʹhab every male, including the helpless and weak in Israel

Dragon

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Flour (ahhh, you got this word from our midweek meeting, huh?) 😄

Flour 

Lev. 2:1 

Now if someone presents a grain offering to Jehovah, his offering must be fine flour, and he should pour oil on it and put frankincense on it

Upbuilding

5 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Flour (ahhh, you got this word from our midweek meeting, huh?) 😄

Flour 

Lev. 2:1 

Now if someone presents a grain offering to Jehovah, his offering must be fine flour, and he should pour oil on it and put frankincense on it

Upbuilding

Yes, i was thinking I should put communion at first but i may first put the flour word :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

upbuilding

(Romans 14:19) . . .So, then, let us pursue the things making for peace and the things that are upbuilding to one another. . .  [Rbi8 1984]

flower

It should be noted that that the word "upbuilding" does not seem to occur in the 2013 NWT - and only in the Study Notes in the 2020 nwtsty

Just now, Qapla said:

upbuilding

(Romans 14:19) . . .So, then, let us pursue the things making for peace and the things that are upbuilding to one another. . .  [Rbi8 1984]

flower

It should be noted that that the word "upbuilding" does not seem to occur in the 2013 NWT - and only in the Study Notes in the 2020 nwtsty

The scripture  i found was 1 cor 14:26. But it said “building up” not upbuilding. Lol. But you beat me to it. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

While "building up" may carry the same inference of "upbuilding" - unlike a plural or verb tense shift, they are not the "same word" - especially since one is two words while the other is one word.