JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trivia Question: Did Jehovah's servant Job have "windows" in his house?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1527 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Trivia Question:

Did Jehovah's servant Job have "windows" in his house?

Answer:

When Satan brought great suffering to Job by fully testing him, Job replaced all of the "windows" in his home with "mirrors". How did this happen?

Job became so focused and self-absorbed about his own sufferings and what he was having to endure that all he could "see" was himself, his own problems. It was as though he had replaced the windows in his home with mirrors!

Lesson:

When a person has "windows" instead of "mirrors", they are no longer looking at themselves, they can see others, they can see Jehovah's creation, but if every window is replaced with mirrors, all the person sees is himself. So what do we do when we are suffering and enduring problems, such as physical health problems, depression, financial issues, etc, that feel so overwhelming and this causes us to focus mainly on our self, on our own problems? Like the picture here:

Spoiler

many mirrors.jpg

We can ask Jehovah to do what he did for Job. Jehovah out of compassion for Job sent him a good friend who was a "Window Installer". The window installer's name was "Elihu" and he helped remove the mirrors in Job's house and replaced them with nice big windows so that Job could "see" Jehovah, "see" the bigger picture!

What was the result of Jehovah sending this window installer and friend to Job? 

The result is found in Job's own words:

“ My ears have heard about you, But now I do "see" you(because of you sending my friend the window installer and he removed the mirrors in my home and installed big windows so that I could see you) with my eyes.  That is why I take back what I said, And I repent in dust and ashes.”” (JOB 42:5, 6)

So if you are suffering from a trial, ask Jehovah to send you a friend or an elder who "installs windows" so that your view is not like a home with many mirrors, but that your view looks like this:

Spoiler

great view.jpg

(These thoughts came from the recent video/talk by Ronald Curzan: Jehovah’s Name Is Sanctified (Matt. 6:9)

Edited by Dages

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Hi Brother Kayode, 

Thanks for your kind words, but I am just learning from the truly excellent teaching of the brothers on JW Broadcasting.

I just add a few visuals to their teachings. :D 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)