JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

During This Pandemic, 2 Special "Vaccines" are Needed

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1491 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

(1st Spiritual Vaccine)

Resilience - "Just as some trees bend in a storm but straighten up after the winds subside, you can recover from adversity"

Spoiler

Resilience is the ability to handle life’s changes and adversities successfully. Resilient people are not immune to hardship. However, they can emerge from it—scarred, perhaps, yet stronger.

Contrasting scenes comparing a palm tree. 1. Bending over in the wind during a storm. 2. Standing up straight after a storm.

Contrasting scenes comparing a palm tree.

1. Bending over in the wind during a storm.

2. Standing up straight after a storm.
Just as some trees bend in a storm but straighten up after the winds subside, you can recover from adversity

*** g19 No. 2 pp. 8-9 How to Be Resilient ***
When adversity strikes.
BIBLE PRINCIPLE: “You do not know what your life will be like tomorrow.”—James 4:14.
Life is unpredictable. 

*** g16 No. 4 p. 10 How to Deal With Change ***
Resilience is the ability to recover from misfortune or adjust to change. A resilient person can not only endure a new circumstance but also look at a seeming obstacle and see an opportunity in it. 

(2nd Spiritual Vaccine)
JOY - " is like a hardy plant that can thrive even in a hostile environment."

Spoiler

*** w18 February p. 28 Joy—A Quality We Acquire From God ***
WHAT IS JOY?
We should not confuse being joyful with simply being jovial or cheerful. To illustrate: After too many drinks, a drunkard may be in a hilarious mood. However, when he sobers up, he laughs no more, and he may return to a life full of sorrow and troubles. His momentary exuberance was not true joy.—Prov. 14:13.
Joy, in contrast, is a deep-seated quality of the heart. It has been defined as “the emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good.” Joy is a state of happiness or gladness that remains whether the conditions around us are pleasant or not. (1 Thess. 1:6) In fact, a person can be disturbed about something but still have joy in his heart. For example, the apostles were flogged for speaking about the Christ. Yet, they “went out from before the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name.” (Acts 5:41) Obviously, they were not rejoicing over the flogging they had received. But as servants of God, they found true joy in keeping their integrity to him.
We are not born with such joy; nor does it develop automatically. Why not? Because true joy is part of the fruitage of God’s holy spirit. With the help of God’s spirit, we can fully develop “the new personality,” which includes joy. (Eph. 4:24; Gal. 5:22) And when we develop joy, we are better able to cope with the stresses of life.

*** w11 4/15 p. 20 “The Fruitage of the Spirit” Glorifies God ***
“Joy of Holy Spirit”
A notable characteristic of the fruitage of the spirit is its stability. Joy, the second aspect we will consider, exemplifies this resilience. Joy is like a hardy plant that can thrive even in a hostile environment. Throughout the earth, many of God’s servants have “accepted the word under much tribulation with joy of holy spirit.” (1 Thess. 1:6) Others face hardships and deprivations. Yet, Jehovah empowers them by means of his spirit “to endure fully and be long-suffering with joy.” (Col. 1:11) 

2015041_univ_lsr_xl.jpg2017647_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I’m thinking about when this pandemic is past. I’m thinking how charged up all of us will be to get back to our witnessing work. What might our work or message focus on?  How might people respond?  What we’re going thru now is something that none of us have ever gone thru before, many people said that these kinds of things would never happen. But here we are.  Will some listen to us a little more now?  There’s this new reality now that this kind of thing can in fact happen because it has. So, I’m beginning to wonder how I can prepare for what might be on peoples minds.  I’m just thinking out loud here. Who knows what’s next.  It’s kinda hard to prepare for something that we don’t know about. But one thing we do know for sure is that when the time comes the slave will tell us what to do. Should be interesting. 

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

Thanks for these loving reminders, Brother Neil! ❤️  :D 

As Brother Neil noted above...

These two vaccines are both painless and extremely POTENT. :D 

These vaccines have already been thoroughly tested and proven to work. (NWT

They are readily available in unlimited quantity from a truly trustworthy supplier. :D 

They cannot fail because the CREATOR of these vaccines is OMNIpotent. :D 

OMNIPOTENT.gif.802e69ab5e49b65ea81c9691e5eca71a.gif

(That will soon, very, very soon read Jehovah God.  :D )

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

43 minutes ago, paulc said:

Sis Ross,  you have a really good brain.  That was good and so are Bro Neils vaccine solutions! 

Only because Jehovah has inoculated

me. :D

You know that old ad:

This is your brain. 

This is your brain on drugs.

Well, this is my vaccinated brain.  :D

My Sister/Sister Lori just texted me this:

20350.thumb.jpeg.d4aaec22c5e4abc0d29855c9432f5446.jpeg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)