JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fun, Free, Specials, Things to Do during this Crisis

I know this pandemic is putting a lot of stress on many.  I was trying to think of way to bring some small "gift" to each of you that may bring you and your children some fun or relaxation or savings during this crisis. So below are current fun, free or good deals that you may really enjoy!

Warning: You may need to take advantage of some these specials right away as some of these may go away soon. Have fun:)

Amazon FreeTime Unlimited for Kids(3-Month Subscription) - Only $1

That's a savings of $29. 

• unlimited access for up to four children for 3 months
  • Unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, games and premium kid’s skills.

https://www.amazon.com/ftu/home

Tidal Premium or HiFi - 4 months for $4

Tidal offers four months of either Tidal Premium or HiFi for only $4. That's over 90% off!

Browse a library of over 60+ million songs and 250,000+ videos.

https://tidal.com/

Fender Play 3-Month Online Guitar, Bass, and Ukulele Lessons - FREE

Online access - That's a $30 value and a great way to pass the time at home.

//images.ctfassets.net/r1mvpfown1y6/3lAH8602qFiorP2hheDGdq/c9b37ea029eaa5886ff7b3c432033261/Editorial__SEO_Major_vs._Minor_Chords_2UP.jpg

FREE Crocs Shoes for Healthcare Workers
In response to COVID-19, Crocs is offering a free pair of Crocs shoes for Healthcare workers. There is a daily limit, and it is met fairly quickly, but is expected to continue replenishment. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngCrocs Classic Clog in Black.

https://www.crocs.com/

FREE DOZENS of Krispy Kreme Donuts for Healthcare Workers on Mondays
Krispy Kreme offers to provide all healthcare workers free dozens of their iconic Original Glazed Doughnuts every Monday. "Just go to a Krispy Kreme drive-thru, tell us what you need and show your employer badge.

(No Greg, you don't qualify sorry :depressed:)

National Geographic Kids Online Resources - Free
With videos, quizzes, educational games about a range of topics

https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/

Amazon Music HD 30 Day Subscription - FREE
Costs $15 every month thereafter (or $13 for Prime members)

https://www.amazon.com/music/unlimited/hd?ascsubtag=a15mbefwca14if1c9lmvrihgC7N5vRc7&tag=dealnewscom&camp=1789&creative=9325

Live Streams from the British National Theatre - FREE every Thursday
Here are some productions you can stream from home.

• One Man, Two Guvnors, starting 7pm on April 2
  • Jane Eyre, starting 7pm on April 9
  • Treasure Island, starting 7pm on April 16
  • Twelfth Night, starting 7pm April 23

Jane Eyre production photo of company members

https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/nt-at-home?queueittoken=e_safetyevent25mar20~q_6a696f23-8ebb-46a0-9ceb-de540756e08d~ts_1585438325~ce_true~rt_safetynet~h_f8ff5a4b4a6214fdb48c18be9ea6e4d0d04424201a96920d8258d751b840915e

iPhone/iPad App Workouts at Home: Peloton - FREE 90 Day trial

Peloton may be known for pricey fitness equipment, but its app actually offers a slew of different audio and video workouts across that you can use without the fancy bike. The company is offering a free 90 day trial to new users.

Image: digitalIntroImagesWithAppleWatch

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/peloton-at-home-fitness/id792750948

Apple offers free 90-day trials of Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X!

If your music creation needs are greater than what GarageBand can provide or you would to try a professional video editing program, then you will like this offer. Apple this week activated free trials for its professional media creation apps Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X, presenting potential users a 90-day period to see if the software is a right fit for their workflow. Available through Apple's Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X webpages, the free trials offer potential buyers a chance to use the pro-level apps without committing to a relatively expensive purchase price.

Apple's traditional Final Cut Pro X free trial period lasted 30 days. Those who are currently taking advantage of the 30-day trial can tack on an additional 90 days with the new offer. As a limited time event, the 90-day Final Cut Pro X trial will eventually revert back to its original 30-day period at some point in the future. Final Cut Pro X retails for $299.

The free trial is available to users around the world.

Though not currently denoted on its webpage, Apple will also roll out a 90-day free trial for Logic Pro X in the next few days, reports MacRumors. Like the Final Cut Pro X special, the upcoming 90-day Logic Pro X trial is a limited time offer. Logic Pro X is normally $199.

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/trial/

Foreign Languages - Rosetta Stone - FREE for Students and Parents for the next three months

Offer is available to parents and guardians of K-12 students who either attend a school that is closed in response to COVID-19 or are homeschooled. Offer includes a 3-month, no-cost Rosetta Stone for Students subscription for new users (3-month period begins upon delivery of the access information email) and a no-cost, 3-month subscription added to the end of the current subscription term for eligible Homeschool product subscribers.

https://www.rosettastone.com/freeforstudents/

Apps for Reading, Audio -  SCRIBD - Scribd is now offering a 30 day free trial with no credit card requirement.

They host over a million titles, including e-books, magazines, audiobooks and more.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scribd-audiobooks-ebooks/id542557212

If you come across any free offers or specials, please post these below and then the many brothers/sisters here on our forum will have even more fun and savings to enjoy, thanks. :)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Neil, Thanks for those. Let's keep the free things coming

We got an email from Comcast that, for the next couple months, ALL Comcast customers will get unlimited data at no extra charge which provides any of us here that have Comcast to not be concerned about our data usage

A free thing to do, now that most/many have Zoom is meet each other face-to-face and talk "in person"

I have been having a great time meeting many from this forum ... we even have a thread that announces some of the meetings.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

FREE DOZENS of Krispy Kreme Donuts for Healthcare Workers on Mondays
Krispy Kreme offers to provide all healthcare workers free dozens of their iconic Original Glazed Doughnuts every Monday. "Just go to a Krispy Kreme drive-thru, tell us what you need and show your employer badge.

(No Greg, you don't qualify sorry :depressed:)

But it's a proof of importance of donuts during crisis... LOL :whistling:(see ..maybe I am not that crazy..LOL :P)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

If you're in Australia, then Foxtel cable is giving a lot of free channels till end of May. 

Foxtel customers can now access the entire range of drama, entertainment, lifestyle, documentaries, reality, Kids2 TV channels and on demand libraries.

Those with Foxtel Now will also have Drama Extra, Docos, Pop, Lifestyle and Kids added to their packs no matter whether they have the Essentials, Pop or Lifestyle deals.

The offer will be in place until May 31 and apparently customers won’t need to do anything to activate the changes, they will update automatically.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

FREE PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE OFFER

I don't know much about this software, but here below is a detailed description. For those into photography this might be a good tool, especially if other photo editing programs are too high in cost.

Luminar 3 Professional Photo Editing Software (PC or Mac Digital Download)

Luminar 3 is an all-in-one photo app designed that offers everything a modern photographer needs for photo editing. Give all your photos the look you want in seconds. Make the necessary edits on a single image. And instantly sync all the adjustments with a click.

Luminar 3 is a full-featured photo editor for Mac and PC. It brings over 300 robust tools and features, including fast RAW support, layers, custom brush for selective editing, masking, dozens of photo filters with custom adjustments, Luminar Looks and a lot more.  Luminar features advanced controls that are easy to use. Intelligent filters like Accent AI 2.0 makes it easy to get a great looking image in seconds.

Luminar 3 also brings an innovative user interface, that photographers can adjust/customize based on the style of their photography, skill level and preferences. This makes Luminar a highly personalized photo software tool, suitable for photographers of all skill levels.

Skylum designed Luminar with a scalable, adaptive user interface…  one that’s responsive and beautiful. In it, you’ll find a powerful set of tools which are easy to use.  We believe it can help all photographers from professionals to new photographers.

• New photographers and mobile shooters will appreciate a simple approach using one-click Luminar Looks and universal tools like cropping, noise reduction, and image healing.
  • Casual photographers may start with those same Luminar Looks, but will soon “graduate” to using Luminar’s purpose-built workspaces that offer uniquely tailored tools which achieve great results quickly.
  • For passionate enthusiasts and professionals, workspaces and the full gamut of editing tools such as brushes, layers, blending modes, texture overlays, an editing history menu and much more herald a new generation of advanced photo editing possibilities.

Skylum is one of the world’s leading developers of consumer and professional photography software, serving over 35 million customers worldwide. Using experience gained over more than 10 years of delivering mobile and desktop software, Luminar is truly a state-of-the-art tool for any photographer seeking to improve their photos.

Skylum.com is offering this software for Free when you follow the directions below. 

1. Click here and fill out a short form to request your Skylum Luminar 3 full version product key.
  2. You will receive your product key and the download link at the email you provided.
  3. Use the link you received to download Skylum Luminar 3 for PC or Mac.
  4. Once installation is complete, enter in the product key you received to activate the full version.

Maybe those who have used this program before or have experience in photography can post their thoughts about what they like/dislike it about it to help others, but I hope this benefits someone. :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE a ROKU

(I don't know what many of these channels are about, so please be selective, but I marked in purple a few I thought that might be good or educational)

TheRokuChannel.com is offering 30-Day Trials for Select Channels listed below for Free

(Must log into your Roku Account or look for the Roku Channel to see offer). 

30-day free viewing (visit the Home Together – Special Offers row in The Roku Channel on your Roku device or on the web to redeem your extended free trials):
EPIX
Noggin (60-day trial available starting 4/1/20)
Lifetime Movie Club
History Vault
Smithsonian
Hallmark

A&E Crime Central
AcornTV
The Great Courses
UMC
FitFusion
GaiamTV
Screambox
Hopster
Shout! Factory
Baeble Music
MHz Choice
ZooMoo
Grokker
Hi-Yah!
Fandor
BFI
Also available:
CBS All-Access is offering an 30-day extended free trial
FOX NOW has unlocked all past seasons of The Masked Singer
NBA League Pass is free through April 22; simply create an account on your Roku device to gain access
NBC Sports Gold is offering free access to passes including PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, Pro Motocross, INDYCAR, and more. To register, visit nbcsports.com/free.

AT&T Prepaid Service: Unlimited Talk, Text & 2GB Data - only $15/Month

Valid for New/Existing Customers

Note, duration of offer may vary depending on changes/updates. Must be logged into your account to purchase.
Features:

• Unlimited calling in the U.S.
  • Unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the U.S. and from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada and more than 100 countries.
  • 2GB high speed data. After high-speed data is used; speeds are reduced to maximum of 128Kbps for the rest of 30-day term.
  • Mobile hotspot use is allowed.

https://www.att.com/prepaid/?cjevent=cefb4ad5727511ea804401d50a1c0e0b&source=EC1NAT10600aff12A

Nike Training Club Premium for Android or iOS - FREE access
Access to Premium normally starts at $14.99 per month or $119.99 for the year, so a big savings and a great way to stay fit at your own pace. 

Features

• class-style workouts
  • programs
  • tips on nutrition, sleep, and more
  • bodyweight-only sessions
  • targeted training programs
  • full-equipment home workouts

The Nike Training Club(NTC) app helps you reach your fitness goals with expertly designed workouts from our world-class Nike Master Trainers.

https://www.nike.com/ntc-app?cid=4942550&cp=usns_aff_nike_&cjevent=3e7d5885727911ea83e002010a1c0e0e

ServicePlanner - Ministry & Field Service App - $3 (Reg. $4)

iMatt Solutions - Apple/iOS

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1268476525

This app was developed by "iMatt" which I believe is the same developer of the "Equipd Bible"

Here are many of the feature of this app:

Spoiler

ServicePlanner is a Field Ministry and Contact Management app designed for Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Dropbox Sync - automatically backup your data and sync across multiple devices.

• Integration with Territory Helper.

• Today Screen - quick access to the Timer, Videos, Publications, Website Browser, Activity Planner and your scheduled calls for the day.

• Timer - record your time spent in the ministry or on "other" work (LDC etc). Tap the timer bar on the Today screen or force touch the app icon.

• Contact Management - centrally manage your Calls with a searchable Contact list. Colours are carefully used to indicate the Contact Type and if your visits are overdue or on schedule. Slide on a Contact to quickly reschedule their next visit, or add a Return Visit. Tap+hold to enter multi-select mode and edit multiple contacts at once.

• Contact Visit History & Library - quickly access your call history with a list of previous visits. Colour again is used to visually indicate the Visit Type. Define your Next Visit Date and Plans. A central Library for each contact shows all of the publications you have ever placed with them.

• Contact Filtering - powerful filtering allows you to define how you Group and Sort your calls. Search for Contacts using Tags, Language, Locality, Next Visit Date, and even by Publications Placed or Not Placed.

• Map View - get an overview of your Calls, search for addresses, place custom markers for the location of your Car, Territory, Kingdom Hall, your Home and more. You can tap+hold to create a new Contact straight from a map location.

• Library - centrally manage Publications and Videos. Optionally add Cover Art to make it easier to visualise items. Video locations can be downloaded for offline use, or streamed to free up storage space. Add items to your Today screen. Note that the Library is empty by default, users will need to populate it themselves.

• Websites - use the inbuilt browser to show web content. Bookmark your favourite websites. Supports Reader View with Themes. Reader View supports Chinese Pinyin, Zhuyin, Yale, Sidney Lau above Chinese characters when reading content from the official websites.

• Monthly Activity - plan your daily activity with Planned Hours vs Actual Hours. Projected Hours indicate if you are on track with your time.

• Service Year - see at a glance your hours per month and a summary of your activity for the Service Year. Projected Hours indicate if you are on target to reach your annual goal.

• Scheduling - define your Annual, Monthly and Daily Hour Goals. These will then be used to track your progress for the Month and Year. Apply your Daily Schedule to your Month and view the Projected Hours - so easy to see if you will get your time in or if you need to alter your schedule.

• Witnessing Partners - arrange your partners each day. Contact your witnessing partner by SMS, Phone, or messaging apps. Mark the arrangement as confirmed or not. Icons on the calendar indicate days with arranged partners. Optional integration with iOS calendars.

• Reporting - support for multiple Hour Credits and Carry-Over Minutes. Your Monthly Report can be submitted using Email, TXT, Telegram, WhatsApp, LINE or Hourglass. Setup your overseers details and your report options in Settings.

• "Other Hours" - log your non-ministry hours such as LDC or Branch Consultation work. These can be scheduled and planned alongside your Ministry Hours. Configure the category name (eg "LDC") and Reporting options in Settings.

DIY Face Shields & Masks at Michaels - 20% off(free shipping w/ $59)

If you are looking to make your own face mask, at Michaels they have instructions for two kinds of masks, and links to every necessary item at the bottom. 

20% coupon code "20MAKE4120"

Here is the link: 

Michaels DIY Masks

Today, EarthSky News came out with an "Explore the Earth from Your Home" section:

You can take virtual, virus-free tours of interesting places around the globe, right from

your home:

https://earthsky.org/human-world/ready-set-explore-earth-from-home?

Earth TV LIVE is another nice option for virtual travel:  https://www.earthtv.com/en/webcams

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The Phantom of The Opera 25th Anniversary

FULL STAGE SHOWStreamed Free, but only free for 48hrs(U.S.), 24hrs(U.K.)

• This is a full-length production.
  • Streamed via ‘The Shows Must Go On’, a new YouTube channel by Universal.
  • Friday, April 17th at 7pm UK time(or 12pm U.S)
  • full-stage performance
  • features a cast and orchestra of over 200
  • For those who are not familiar with this musical production, the "Phantom" is not a real ghost, no spiritism that I am aware of. :)

The Phantom of The Opera 25th Anniversary
FULL STAGE SHOWStreamed Free, but only free for 48hrs(U.S.), 24hrs(U.K.)
  • This is a full-length production.
  • Streamed via ‘The Shows Must Go On’, a new YouTube channel by Universal.
  • Friday, April 17th at 7pm UK time(or 12pm U.S)
  • full-stage performance
  • features a cast and orchestra of over 200
  • For those who are not familiar with this musical production, the "Phantom" is not a real ghost, no spiritism that I am aware of. 

Thank you so much for that link.
I took my wife to the opera tonight.

We just finished watching it (2:41min). Nice to see ALL the Phantoms, inc Michael Crawford. And it was a treat to see/hear Sarah Brightman at the end.
Nice memories. We first watched it in London's West End in the mid 90's.
There also was a production Downunder. We introduced our children to the theatre.
Then about 10 years ago we went to see Love Never Dies (Phantom Pt 2).
Now that we have retired to a quiet rural 'backwater', we don't get out much. (And there is not much to go out to! We don't even have a cinema.)
This was a real treat.
Thanks again.

Old (Downunder) Tone

Did you know that there is a "Phantom of the Opera" part 2?

Andrew Lloyd Webber had created another musical that is a sequel to Phantom of the Opera

"Love Never Dies" Concert Production - Free streaming starting on Friday, April 24

Available on "The Show Must Go On" YouTube channel from 2 pm ET on April 24 for 48 hours

image.png.eebaa13cf8843f44da73b670c8435342.png

• 4 weeks later...

NY Times $1/week

I've been reading a bit more of late, and got this offer.

Currently they have many sections free to view online during the lock-down, but they are offering reduced rate to attract new subscribers.

I do not know if it translates to other countries, but you are welcome to try:

"Invite the people in your life to enjoy unlimited digital access to New York Times journalism. They’ll receive a special rate of A$1 per week for a one-year subscription"

nytimes.com/share/05VAPBa

Old (Downunder) Tone

I bought mine for USD2 per month in early February before this pandemic hysteria started. I bought it because it was so cheap, not because of the news. This rate will applicable for 1 year. So the subscription should be available to those outside the states.

I later found out that this virtual portal for news related to the pandemic is free. No paywall for that sector. Same for Washington Post.