JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Not So Obvious Things That Won't Exist In The NS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1160 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

47 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Why not? It will still rain, wind and snow in the New World.

Hopefully we won't be obsessed with it as we are here in the South East , two blazing hot weeks in the summer so we mention how awful and hot it is to everyone we speak, and then the grey and damp and rain that we talk about the rest of the year .

Im sure in warmer climates they don't feel the need to check the weather every morning to see if the rain coat is needed.

Or perhaps this is just me lol 

36 minutes ago, JW-Ind said:

Do we still need alarm clock to wake on time?😊

I was always curious about alarms, ancient people didn't need them, they woke when they woke, alarms are a modern contraption designed around modern living where people are made to get up for work at the expense of a fully completed sleep cycle, and we wonder why half if not more of the world relies on stimulants like coffee and energy drinks to function through the day.

Edited by EccentricM

Just now, EccentricM said:

I was always curious about alarms, ancient people didn't need them, they woke when they woke, alarms are a modern contraption designed around modern living where people are made to get up for work at the expense of a fully completed sleep cycle.

True, maybe we’ll just be like “meet at the tent after daybreak.” We might just wake up naturally at the right time. I can’t imagine paradise without some lay-ins. 

4 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Some people like privacy, mind, for example the introverted.

No one is more introverted than myself. But I'm hoping that houses won't be build on top of each other like right now. I hope there will be enough space and plants like trees and bushes and flowering plants in between homes that will give privacy and no need for fences. 

Also, no peeping Toms 😂

4 minutes ago, Qapla said:

We may not need wrist watches ... since 📱 have a 🕔 in them :yes: 

For the first time in 70 years I don't need a watch, every day is ground hog day and I have it memorized.

:D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Br. Ice said:

I would say wrist watches .

The organisation has produced videos of paradise life where nobody wears wrist watches.

An example: Imagine the time

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1014272&srcid=share

I love watches, though! I plan to loot a Cartier store and have the Tank Watch of my dreams!

I imagine that time... 😉

I once bought a fake Tag Heuer from a guy at work for $10, when the battery died I took it to a local jewelry store to get a new battery, the jeweler was a woman, when she asked me where did I buy the watch she wanted to buy her husband one but couldn't really afford it, I told her I bought it from a guy at work and that it was fake, she said "oh really, you could have fooled me "! 

18 minutes ago, Dove said:

Scales—we’ll eat a perfect diet and be a perfect weight 

They'll be replaced by a set of scales that doesn't have numbers, just the word "perfect". 😄 (I'm gonna make those for people in the NW now...).

Edited by EccentricM

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)