JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Deadly Tornadoes Hit Nashville, Tn.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1507 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/weather/2020/03/03/nashville-tennessee-tornado-kills-downs-power-lines-and-buildings/4936988002/

At least nine killed as tornadoes rip through Nashville, Middle Tennessee; collapse buildings

I heard the storms last night but did not get any warnings on cell phones, it hit north of from where we I live, I got a text from elder asking if we were safe, I wasn't aware of how bad it was until I turned on the news, I'm hearing 9 dead on latest news report, my daughter checked with some friends downtown and they are ok, I have no other information about any other of the friends.

Country music artist Taylor Hicks, a Nashville resident and Season 5 winner of "American Idol" in 2006, told HLN that a tornado damaged homes near his in the Germantown neighborhood.

"There's homes leveled. There's churches that have been hit by this. There's been a lot of people that's been affected in downtown Nashville. It's been a rough night," Hicks said.

2020-03-03_09h17_58.png

My son's girlfriend and her family live near Nashville, so I texted her this morning.  They're all okay.  I wonder how the brothers and sisters are doing, or if any of their homes or Kingdom Halls were damaged/destroyed.

I saw a video of the tornado on a news feed this morning.  No sirens, no warnings.  

I saw this news this morning on my weather channel.  It was devastating news to hear.  One reporter said that the weather people did not know that tornado's had already hit the ground.  It was nighttime, and very few sirens went off.  By that time, many tried to take cover, but for those 26 and perhaps more, did not make it.  More (if it's his will) for Jehovah to resurrect in the paradise.  

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)