JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3948 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My beloved BROTHERS and SISTERS, my heart is torn in pieces, you are the only worldwide family I have.   I hope to read (from friends on here, or JW.Org) that all of you are safe and with few injuries as possible.    Hope all of you and you beloved elderly ones, had a to go bag and or you could find shelter with other friends.  You are all in my heart!   

I hear the Tornado's are now moving northward, to Missouri, brothers in that State please take cover!

I am praying for you friends that are affected in these tornado area(s).  We just got back from our 1st day at the convention and this evening a sister called and told me about the news...I came immediately on board to see who has posted and check friends on the board here.  We are glued to CNN and are diligently thinking of our family of friends in these horrific times. 

Judy, Leslie and others in the affected area..you are in my prayers..these are turbulent times..we are bracing for hurricane season here in Florida ... many faithful friends travel to conventions regardless of bad weather..Jehovah bless you all!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Is everyone O.K.?..We heard on the news that the area of Oklahoma City was impacted by severe storms as well as flooding on major highways nearby..be careful friends..keep us posted!post-2322-0-56604000-1370106217.gif

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Am praying for all my bros. and sisters in the paths of these destructive storms.  No doubt we are going to see a lot more weather-related difficulties.  Just saw where they really expect a lot of severe hurricanes along the east coast and parts of the Gulf.  Please, everyone: make sure you have that go bag ready!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

It was really sad that I-40 was bogged down, full of vehicles of people trying to escape, and vehicles tossed around and people killed.  They will be looking at this now (how to avoid this happening again).  Praying for the friends there!

I hope soon, like last week we'll hear about our brothers out there in Reno, and those above I40 and too, those who were in their cars either escaping or coming home and driving into it.   I also heard that 3 people died but they were not one of us, 3 storm chasers.   Who in their right mind would go chasing after a tornado?  I heard it was a father, his son and a friend.  Sorry, but these people had no sense what so ever. What if Jehovah resurrects them, I guess they'll be disappointed, cause in Jehovah's new world there won't be anything to chase, except a butterfly! 

It was really sad that I-40 was bogged down, full of vehicles of people trying to escape, and vehicles tossed around and people killed.  They will be looking at this now (how to avoid this happening again).  Praying for the friends there!

I don't understand that. People who live in tornado prone areas know that you find the safest place close by. You can't travel long distances when a tornado is headed toward you. Unless it was parents trying to get to their kid's schools because of what happened in Moore...

• 2 weeks later...

Chicago being bombarded right now with this storm passing through.  Coming to East Coast by tomorrow morning.  I saw the weather channel's camera of Chicago, the sky was dark gray to black.  Very scary looking.  First thing on my mind our brothers!   Maybe some of you on here live out there!   My state has not issued any major warnings except for flash flooding by morning.  It's moving really fast and its now in Indiana (its sort of a giant cluster of storms).  Friends be careful!  

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late with this info but I read tonight that this crazy weather pattern from these tornado in Oklahoma was the widest ever recorded on earth (2.6 Miles Wide). And there were two EF5 strength tornado's in the same month, 11 days apart to be exact. There's only been 60 known EF5 strength tornado since the 1950's. Winds reaching at a whopping 296 miles and hour.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)