JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Worldwide Brotherhood Uses Innovative Preaching Methods as Pandemic Continues

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1508 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, GraceH said:

Yeah, it looks quite tough for you guys right now.

It's one of the reasons I am hopeful this will be over fairly quickly. I cant fathom a reason why Jehovah at this late stage would allow the preaching work to be all but completely stopped worldwide. Although we do have those virtual stones crying out for us by means of the internet at least.

52 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I cant fathom a reason why Jehovah at this late stage would allow the preaching work to be all but completely stopped worldwide. 

Yes, this is what I was confused about as well - it doesn't not fit in with our year text. Unless the door to door has been finished and (we are much further along in the witnessing work then we think) and now we are completing the last minutes of the witness work by means of inactive ones, our Bible studies and informal witnessing at places we can be in legally i.e. grocery stores, telephone and writing (witnessing), petrol stations, postal offices, etc. 

This is also interesting to consider:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/former-uk-prime-minister-calls-global-government-fight-covid-19

I personally think this virus is going to make the world go bonkers broke if they do not come together (word leaders) and coordinate a global effort with the UN and WHO at the helm.

Also, remember Jehovah does not think like us humans - that is why Jehovah can make things happen in a way we never imagined (who would have thought a global virus). Or in ancient times - parting and crossing the Red Sea overnight. I don't imagine things going back to what they once were - they are predicting that all airlines will be dead broke by May 2020, the dominoes are falling down in every area of business. The damage that this virus is causing on a global scale is unimaginable - by its speed, breadth (in all industries) and will likely change the way the world works for generations to come.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8158493/How-Australia-change-forever-COVID-19-including-drop-birth-rate.html

Edited by GraceH

On 3/27/2020 at 2:35 AM, Mykyl said:

y. I cant fathom a reason why Jehovah at this late stage would allow the preaching work to be all but completely stopped worldwide.

Well the out reach has not stopped...

JW.org is probably busier than ever ..
Jehovah’s Holy Spirit can direct people to whatever is needed for a person... the angels are heavily involved in searching  in the harvesting work. It is just that we don’t see it.

Even this site gets requests for assistance .. we just automatically direct them to JW.org “request a visit”  section so they can get local needed help.

I would love to know the stats on how many requests they are getting... I know my congregation receives 5-6 request reports from the branch every month 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

2 hours ago, Lance said:

JW.org is probably busier than ever

A while back, long before all of this virus stuff came up, I remember being completely floored by the unique hits on the jw.org site. I can only imagine what they are right now with all of the craziness in the world, plus people at home with so much time on their hands. 

As far as preaching goes, it's hard here. We are on lockdown under orders to stay at home. On a work related forum, I decided to message a lady who mentioned her love of the Bible. Her initial response was great, even telling me that she would be up for a Bible reading or study any time. I was in shock. Like wow. Could it be that in this time of the end, I am being gift wrapped a Bible study? 😁Not exactly. That conversation ended when she was informed by the scriptures that life would continue here on earth, no promise of heaven for her. I've been thrown out of houses for similar reasons, no difference here I see. Hopefully she will explore these scriptures in her own Bible and think about this for a while. 

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Well the out reach has not stopped...

JW.org is probably busier than ever ..
Jehovah’s Holy Spirit can direct people to whatever is needed for a person... the angels are heavily involved in searching  in the harvesting work. It is just that we don’t see it.

Even this site gets requests for assistance .. we just automatically direct them to JW.org “request a visit”  section so they can get local needed help.

I would love to know the stats on how many requests they are getting... I know my congregation receives 5-6 request reports from the branch every month 

That's what I meant by the virtual stones... our website. :) Although we have never had any requests at all other than 1 to an address that does not exist... 

Edited by Mykyl

As city overseer I found three out of four requests were phony, phony addresses, phony names. Someone was playing a joke to embarrass both the publisher or the householder or both.

(I have long moved out of the city, does the position of city overseer still exist?)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.