JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Study - August 2020 (Pictures)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1433 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

17 minutes ago, JennyM said:

I was just considering him. I started to like him because of his spirituality. 

My mom asked about the gossiped. Its not good, my feeling is not fully romantic yet..  Im just interested of friendship.. One of my friend in the congregation is a married brother of a worldly wife. 

If he really likes me, he should have asked me not gossiping about his excitement.. Its a huge turn off  on me if guys gossiped. 

Good that your mum was there to help out! I do not envy being young and single again (well, maybe being young would be nice lol) it’s awful sometimes and inevitably someone’s feeling will get hurt. 

I hope you do find that special someone if that’s what you want. The article in this mag about singleness shows there’s absolutely nothing wrong with either decision: to stay single, or get married.

I liked your comment before about being friends with everyone. That’s a much nicer way to be. 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

If he really likes me, he should have asked me not gossiping about his excitement.. Its a huge turn off  on me if guys gossiped

You seem to have some things in mind for a prospective one. 

Prayerfully keep to your standards and goals. 

Screenshot_20200527-212238.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

In choosing a partner, it would be better to choose they way Jah see things, the inner person is the most important.  

Im falling for a brother whos not that attractive. I was looking at his spirituality. But when the congregation starts teasing us not leaving us alone and he gossiped to  some brothers that we are in a relationship, I was turned off.   We were just friends to start with but the whole congregation teasing us as if we are married. I did not continue the friendship.. and from that on, I never smiled and greeted him.  Its just complicated in my area.. 

When a good looking and spiritual brother talked to me in the assembly, I never thought of getting into relationship or getting married... Friends are friends.... 

Hon, it's good to listen to your instincts. And I agree with how you responded. I probably would have felt the same way. I do not like to have my private life known or talked about. It's my business,  not of anyone else. And if he told others about "our relationship"  when there wasn't really one I'd definitely be completely put off. Nope not my kind of guy.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

I know some friends that plan to travel, live in exotic places and turn the 1000 years into a huge vacation. I think they will be surprised..😁

I think there might be a travel ban for 1000 years. and after 1000 years once satan and his army is down away with only then we will be allowed to travel.

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Hon, it's good to listen to your instincts. And I agree with how you responded. I probably would have felt the same way. I do not like to have my private life known or talked about. It's my business,  not of anyone else. And if he told others about "our relationship"  when there wasn't really one I'd definitely be completely put off. Nope not my kind of guy.

I wasn't aware that the whole congregation was talking about us .. Then one by one was asking me... "Is it true that you and bro ____ are in relationship?"

I remained calm but deep inside its a little bit boiling.  

I didn't know at all.. Then, I was imagining that whenever I talked to the bro and giving him commendation,,.. Maybe the whole congregation were giggling and all eyes are on us... EMBARASSING!. 

On the good side, he's zealous but on the other hand, I didn't like what he did. 

29 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

So all my children are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Florida i can't go and be with them? During the 1000 years 

I'm in total agreement with you on this. sounds kind of sketchy. 

Survive the most awe inspiring day since creation after living for years under the yoke of satans world. but WAIT! you can't travel for a 1000 years?

this kind of speculation is useless. 1Tim 1:4.

Edited by Leon J

It's so hard when people gossip, especially when it comes to this subject. They can break friendships in this way.

But me, as a brother, I think it is important to talk to a few spiritual mature people in the congregation, and ask them about the bro or sis you are interested in. Even if there isn't a relationship yet.

I mean.. Through "pink glasses" everything seems oke, but it isn't wrong to ask someone who can help you a little to settle down back on earth again

But this of course is something totally different from gossiping what is like a little fire, but can burn whole woods.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Leon J said:

I'm in total agreement with you on this. sounds kind of sketchy. 

Survive the most awe inspiring day since creation after living for years under the yoke of satans world. but WAIT! you can't travel for a 1000 years?

this kind of speculation is useless. 1Tim 1:4.

If you are referring to my comment then I apologize for not explaining it very well. We are currently assigned to congregations and encouraged to attend them regularly. Its reasonable that after Armageddon we will need a lot of training to restore the earth and teach the resurrected ones. So it's reasonable that we may be assigned to congregations and need to attend them regularly. That doesn't prevent us from enjoying Paradise or visiting friends and family, however we will continue to put Jehovah's will first, just like we do today.

I have heard many friends express the desire to travel and enjoy paradise for an extended time right after Armageddon. Some have said they want to live in the mountains for 100 years, then move to a small island for a 100 years. One brother wants to walk around the entire planet. My point is that I think they will be surprised that they may not be able to do that for awhile.

There is nothing sketchy or speculative about thinking that we will continue to be a highly organized group with a lot of work to do and may need to postpone our paradasaic vacation plans for awhile.

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A lot of cleanup work, will take a long time.

Welcoming and teaching resurrected ones means even more time.

That alone means time for any vacations may be non-existent for a while. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I think just LIVING in the paradise will be a vacation.  Think about it, no more worrying about your next eyeglass prescription, no more worrying about your blood pressure medication, no more concerned that you might contract cancer like your father or his father did, no more worrying about if you locked your doors or not,  no more worrying about kidnapped children, no more worrying about your elderly in adult care. These things are only a fraction of the worries that we will be free from. To me that is truly the essence of a vacation, mental freedom from satan's stresses that he inflicts on us every day.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

20 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I think just LIVING in the paradise will be a vacation.  Think about it, no more worrying about your next eyeglass prescription, no more worrying about your blood pressure medication, no more concerned that you might contract cancer like your father or his father did, no more worrying about if you locked your doors or not,  no more worrying about kidnapped children, no more worrying about your elderly in adult care. These things are only a fraction of the worries that we will be free from. To me that is truly the essence of a vacation, mental freedom from satan's stresses that he inflicts on us every day

Absolutely!

Plus not having to look for those glasses 🤓 somewhere in the house. 😁😁😁😁😁😁 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

18 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

So all my children are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Florida i can't go and be with them? During the 1000 years 

I was more talking about a Gap year travelling the world.

16 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

If you are referring to my comment then I apologize for not explaining it very well. We are currently assigned to congregations and encouraged to attend them regularly. Its reasonable that after Armageddon we will need a lot of training to restore the earth and teach the resurrected ones. So it's reasonable that we may be assigned to congregations and need to attend them regularly. That doesn't prevent us from enjoying Paradise or visiting friends and family, however we will continue to put Jehovah's will first, just like we do today.

I have heard many friends express the desire to travel and enjoy paradise for an extended time right after Armageddon. Some have said they want to live in the mountains for 100 years, then move to a small island for a 100 years. One brother wants to walk around the entire planet. My point is that I think they will be surprised that they may not be able to do that for awhile.

There is nothing sketchy or speculative about thinking that we will continue to be a highly organized group with a lot of work to do and may need to postpone our paradasaic vacation plans for awhile.

We may be assigned a cong and we must stay in that cong for 1000 years. After satan is gone for good, only then can we become world travelers forever, go where ever we desire.

Whats 1000 years compared to forever.

Only A Thought.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:19 PM, AH173 said:

I know it's not about BEARDS! 

I see so many! 

Lol😁

Perhaps that it is now OK for sisters to have beards.😃🤔

Edited by Zebra555

I have been thinking of that too! Also,

the ones at the back of Jesus closely resembles to the 12 apostles who's always at his back during his ministry 😄