JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Study - August 2020 (Pictures)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1433 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, richietj77 said:

To all the single brothers and sisters in this forum:

Jehovah loves you. We all in the congregation love you. We respect you. And we echo the words on paragraphs 13 and 14 of study article number 35. It's all your prayers answered in this section of this beautiful article.

older sister setting up.jpg

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

older sister setting up.jpg

I remember an older sister, she showed me a picture of her son who is not a witness.. 

Also, one of my close friend, shes older . near 60's.. She indirectly told me that she wanted her son to marry.. Her son has a house of his own etc... BUT theyre not brothers.....  I was in my 28 on the first incident and I was 32 on the next.. lol! Why do FDS knew these tendencies? lol! 

Wow that third article all about the resurrection has come at just the right time for us. I love how it says the person will likely come back exactly as we remember them, with all their memories and the exact same personality and they will grow to perfection in time like the rest of us. So if an older one died, it makes sense that they’d come back to life as they were shortly before they died and the grow back young like the rest of us. 

And how it says maybe the unrighteous have bible studies, or maybe they’ll be assigned a congregation. 

And how it says that the earth will need to be prepared for them, that they won’t all come back at the same time, but in an orderly manner. 

Great article.

19 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

Wow that third article all about the resurrection has come at just the right time for us. I love how it says the person will likely come back exactly as we remember them, with all their memories and the exact same personality and they will grow to perfection in time like the rest of us. So if an older one died, it makes sense that they’d come back to life as they were shortly before they died and the grow back young like the rest of us. 

There is a difference between being healed and being perfect. Its possible to be resurrected young and healthy but not perfect. Its interesting that the article doesn't specifically say that resurrected ones will be young or old, it just says they will be recognized. 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

58 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

And how it says maybe the unrighteous have bible studies, or maybe they’ll be assigned a congregation. 

I've mentioned many times that my personal opinion is that we will be attending congregation meetings for many years to be trained and organized. I know some friends that plan to travel, live in exotic places and turn the 1000 years into a huge vacation. I think they will be surprised..😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, richietj77 said:

To all the single brothers and sisters in this forum:

Jehovah loves you. We all in the congregation love you. We respect you. And we echo the words on paragraphs 13 and 14 of study article number 35. It's all your prayers answered in this section of this beautiful article.

I can't wait to study it... it's fantastic!  I would only add in to include single ones with your family for study & recreation sometimes. It's nice to be with others! 😊

Seems that wherever I go in my country, I see individuals who match bro and sis. I had been matched several times or teased. When I was a teenager, feels like its fun.. But when you're an adult, its annoying. 

Even a visiting bro or sis from abroad, they match their friends to young sisters here. 

5 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

There is a difference between being healed and being perfect. Its possible to be resurrected young and healthy but not perfect. Its interesting that the article doesn't specifically say that resurrected ones will be young or old, it just says they will be recognized. 

True we will have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Hope said:

My son is wondering where is this sister who knows so many pretty, eligible sisters!  😄

Unfortunately the beautiful ones in my area often fall to worldly guys. Young and passionate.. Theyre hopeless and they can't wait for brothers.

Some brothers who often choose attractive ones ended heartbroken for decade, because pretty but spiritually weak wives are tempted by other males. Some separated and wanna find an attractive +spiritual wives  not even in their league.. 

In choosing a partner, it would be better to choose they way Jah see things, the inner person is the most important.  

Im falling for a brother whos not that attractive. I was looking at his spirituality. But when the congregation starts teasing us not leaving us alone and he gossiped to  some brothers that we are in a relationship, I was turned off.   We were just friends to start with but the whole congregation teasing us as if we are married. I did not continue the friendship.. and from that on, I never smiled and greeted him.  Its just complicated in my area.. 

When a good looking and spiritual brother talked to me in the assembly, I never thought of getting into relationship or getting married... Friends are friends.... 

37 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Unfortunately the beautiful ones in my area often fall to worldly guys. Young and passionate.. Theyre hopeless and they can't wait for brothers.

Some brothers who often choose attractive ones ended heartbroken for decade, because pretty but spiritually weak wives are tempted by other males. Some separated and wanna find an attractive +spiritual wives  not even in their league.. 

In choosing a partner, it would be better to choose they way Jah see things, the inner person is the most important.  

Im falling for a brother whos not that attractive. I was looking at his spirituality. But when the congregation starts teasing us not leaving us alone and he gossiped to  some brothers that we are in a relationship, I was turned off.   We were just friends to start with but the whole congregation teasing us as if we are married. I did not continue the friendship.. and from that on, I never smiled and greeted him.  Its just complicated in my area.. 

When a good looking and spiritual brother talked to me in the assembly, I never thought of getting into relationship or getting married... Friends are friends.... 

That’s a shame it didn’t work out with that brother. If he was spiritual.

Outside appearance means very little when it comes to a successful relationship in Jehovah’s eyes. It’s true that people become more attractive when you get to know them and they reflect beautiful qualities.

It’s a shame also you feel that you can’t even greet that brother anymore. I know you say he gossiped about you to some brothers, but did you ask him if he said those things and why, maybe he truly believed you guys were in a relationship... it’s been known that some people get the wrong end of the stick. After all, you did say you were falling for him. I’m assuming you spent time with him or spoke to him like texted or something for you to start having feelings for him? Or was it just looking at him from afar? 

The congregation, although unwise, were probably just happy that two of their own were starting to become more than friends. I know it can be offputting, but rarely is it done out of bad motives. They were just teasing out of excitement most probably. If I genuinely liked a brother, I wouldn’t be put off by the congregation teasing me. I’d just tell them, go ask him....Deflection! 

Of course, your relationships are your own and they are for you to work out. Maybe speak to a mature sister, someone you can trust, about the situation. It just feels a shame that you feel you can’t even smile at him anymore. He is your brother after all. (I do understand some people need quite clear signs that you’re not interested though, or they’ll hold onto any little hope you give them).

Anyways, that’s my two penny’s!!

1 hour ago, Luisabola said:

It’s a shame also you feel that you can’t even greet that brother anymore. I know you say he gossiped about you to some brothers, but did you ask him if he said those things and why, maybe he truly believed you guys were in a relationship... it’s been known that some people get the wrong end of the stick. After all, you did say you were falling for him. I’m assuming you spent time with him or spoke to him like texted or something for you to start having feelings for him? Or was it just looking at him from afar? 

I was just considering him. I started to like him because of his spirituality. 

My mom asked about the gossiped. Its not good, my feeling is not fully romantic yet..  Im just interested of friendship.. One of my friend in the congregation is a married brother of a worldly wife. 

If he really likes me, he should have asked me not gossiping about his excitement.. Its a huge turn off  on me if guys gossiped.