JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Image from: Watchtower No. 3 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1374 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 month later...

On 5/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, Nirex said:

Guess they wanted a more dynamic perspective.

Personally I like the first one more though, more emotion in the eyes. Just art pref.

I think the second has a more thankful expression than on the first

1 hour ago, Old said:

I think it is because someone realized that the leper would not have placed his hand on Jesus flesh.

Maybe, I thought the first image could be saved for a new publication to be released at the AM 2020.

2 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

That’s a good catch. I wonder why the original image shows the leper with bandages on his left arm but not on his right?

Jesus is blocking the view of his right arm.

26 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

His right hand is not bandaged as his left is though, is it?

Maybe as soon as Jesus holds his hand the bandage fall off the that hand and starts to heal immediately. 

Edited by Luigi62

On 6/3/2020 at 2:55 PM, Old said:

I think it is because someone realized that the leper would not have placed his hand on Jesus flesh.

Just got around to reading this WT today.

My bad, the individual is not addressed in the article beyond "Gods gave Jesu the power to perfrom many miracles, such as curing the blind, the deaf, and the lame." No indication that he was 'a leper'.  Also it is the version with the man's hand on Jesus, not the second picture posted whic ended up in my copy of WT #3.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Almost there said:

I believe this is the first time I've ever seen a bearded (non Bible character) man in a paradise pic

I noticed that too. And no doubt some clown is going to use that picture to justify his insistence on wearing a beard! However, the way of dress of the bearded man in this picture would indicate he is from a culture where beards are widespread.

Okay, I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

PLEASE: NO ONE IS TO START ANOTHER BEARD TOPIC HERE!

32 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

How do we know he is not a biblical character?

There's actually two bearded men in that pic.  I assume they aren't bible characters because of their apparent ethnic apparel, the fact the the magazine contains what appears to be various other pics of the same gentlemen with short clean beards, and lastly, bible characters traditionally have longer beards. 

13 hours ago, Almost there said:

There's actually two bearded men in that pic.  I assume they aren't bible characters because of their apparent ethnic apparel, the fact the the magazine contains what appears to be various other pics of the same gentlemen with short clean beards, and lastly, bible characters traditionally have longer beards. 

Well nothing wrong with a beard or a mo, as long as its well kept.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:21 AM, Luigi62 said:

The picture has changed.

From this a month ago.

2020166_univ_cnt_2_lg.thumb.jpg.b25e36b77ba7cf16592e29c4a19b877a.jpg

To this is what will be in the watchtower.

2020166_univ_cnt_2_xl.thumb.jpg.6ba1d7f6d3349fbde462b86e6ab8f26b.jpg

There is no change in having bandage or not. There are few pictures in other article, has bandage on left hand only.  People who are wounded badly, may stayed in the tent. He had less injury, so he ran to Jesus. And then Jesus visit there place. 

B794BBB0-863F-4A2F-91F3-76691172B010.jpeg

On 6/6/2020 at 11:58 AM, Luigi62 said:

Well nothing wrong with a beard or a mo, as long as its well kept.

Oh..no! :facepalmpo2:...You just re-started beard discussion LOL :lol1:

Mods are going like this ...:borg: ...high alert! LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)