JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Image from: Watchtower No. 3 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1405 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I download the magazine from JW.ORG to the JW Library app the day it was available and now I refreshed the app. Then I saw an update for this magazine. The only change I noticed was the picture of Jesus.

2E082764-D518-426F-8ECA-61B165994AD5.thumb.jpeg.daa037197b5ccbe3657419ad8b7b61ca.jpeg58D926BF-76E9-4478-8921-E345BF34F3FE.thumb.jpeg.93f80e4ba96f712f87bf999535276590.jpeg

Anyone else noticed any other changes?

7 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

I download the magazine from JW.ORG to the JW Library app the day it was available and now I refreshed the app. Then I saw an update for this magazine. The only change I noticed was the picture of Jesus.

2E082764-D518-426F-8ECA-61B165994AD5.thumb.jpeg.daa037197b5ccbe3657419ad8b7b61ca.jpeg58D926BF-76E9-4478-8921-E345BF34F3FE.thumb.jpeg.93f80e4ba96f712f87bf999535276590.jpeg

This is a violation of the copyright law brother. We shouldn’t be putting these pictures on any sort of media

5 minutes ago, Buddy said:

This is a violation of the copyright law brother. We shouldn’t be putting these pictures on any sort of media

Brother Mike, which copyright law? I think you might want to research the 'fair use' factor in copyrights. On this forum we don't post full articles from our publications but do an excerps from an article to make a point.

Also give consideration to the fact that you could have just posted you opinion and not reposted the information that you thought was in violation of the law. Using your opinion you are in violation (which you are not.)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

This is what I found on JW.org:

Why is it not permissible to post publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses on a personal website or on social media?

Because we offer our Bible-based material without charge, some feel that copying and posting it on other websites or on social media is acceptable. However, doing so violates the Terms of Use * for our websites and has caused serious problems. As is clearly stated in those Terms, no one is permitted to “post artwork, electronic publications, trademarks, music, photos, videos, or articles from this website on the Internet (any website, file-sharing site, video-sharing site, or social network).” Why is such a restriction needed?

All the material on our websites is copyrighted. Apostates and other opposers try to use our publications on their websites to lure in Jehovah’s Witnesses and others. Planted in those sites is material designed to sow doubts in readers’ minds. (Ps. 26:4; Prov. 22:5) Others have used material from our publications or our jw.org logo in advertisements, on products offered for sale, and in mobile device apps. By securing copyright and trademark protection, we have a legal basis to prevent such misuse. (Prov. 27:12) But if we knowingly allow people, even our brothers, to post our digital content on other sites or to use the jw.org trademark to sell merchandise, the courts may not support our efforts to deter opposers and commercial

enterprises.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ official websites and apps

Downloading our publications from anywhere but jw.org is potentially dangerous. Jehovah has entrusted the responsibility of providing spiritual food to “the faithful and discreet slave” alone. (Matt. 24:45) That “slave” uses only its official websites to publish spiritual food—www.jw.org, tv.jw.org, and wol.jw.org. And we have only three official apps for mobile devices—JW Language®, JW Library®, and JW Library Sign Language®. We can trust these products to be free of advertisements or contamination by Satan’s world. If the spiritual food passes through other channels, there is no guarantee that it has not been altered or contaminated.—Ps. 18:26; 19:8.

Furthermore, posting our publications on websites that allow comments provides a place for apostates and other critics to sow distrust of Jehovah’s organization. Some brothers have been drawn into online debates and thus have brought added reproach on Jehovah’s name. An online forum is not an appropriate setting for “instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed.” (2 Tim. 2:23-25;1 Tim. 6:3-5) It has also been observed that fraudulent social media accounts and websites have been created in the name of the organization, the Governing Body, and its individual members. However, no member of the Governing Body maintains a personal Web page or a presence on any social media site.

Directing people to jw.org helps to spread the “good news.” (Matt. 24:14) The digital tools we receive for use in our personal ministry are continually being improved. We would like everyone to benefit from them. Therefore, as the Terms of Use indicates, you may e-mail someone an electronic copy of a publication or share a link to material found on jw.org. By directing interested people to our official websites, we are connecting them with the one true source of spiritual food, “the faithful and discreet slave.”

Brother Mike, what you are quoting are the guidelines from the Branch, not copyright law. The staff on this forum have been very firm on what is allowed and what is not. They do not allow posting of full articles, they do allow portions of articlesto be posted which is fair use under copyright laws in all western countries. I appreciate you sincerity, but I think you should direct any problem you see to the mods rather than castigating procedures that have been put in place to keep this forum informative and with-in the guidelines of copyright as well as adhereing to Branch instructions.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, Sepie93 said:

What is interesting are the pictures with the woman with a covering. Still very nice btw

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

I think sisters from every era will always choose garments that flatter them. I personally would like to wear long dresses from the Victorian age (minus the whale bone corset).

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I think sisters from every era will always choose garments that flatter them. I personally would like to wear long dresses from the Victorian age (minus the whale bone corset).
That's right! And even now in some cultures it is just a culture thing for woman to wear a headscarf.

But still. In this issue of the Watchtower, which is obviously for Muslims, I think it is rather interesting so see a paradise picture depicting woman with a scarf.
(Just think about the millions of Muslims who will be resurrected and step by step have to learn about the True God!).

5 hours ago, Old said:

Brother Mike, what you are quoting are the guidelines from the Branch, not copyright law. The staff on this forum have been very firm on what is allowed and what is not. They do not allow posting of full articles, they do allow portions of articlesto be posted which is fair use under copyright laws in all western countries. I appreciate you sincerity, but I think you should direct any problem you see to the mods rather than castigating procedures that have been put in place to keep this forum informative and with-in the guidelines of copyright as well as adhereing to Branch instructions.

Thanks Jerry you really put my mind at ease. I kept thinking about Leviticus chapter 5:1

Edited by Buddy

20 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Wowowo, that’s an good observation. 

On 6/5/2020 at 2:57 PM, Sheep said:

I noticed that too. And no doubt some clown is going to use that picture to justify his insistence on wearing a beard! However, the way of dress of the bearded man in this picture would indicate he is from a culture where beards are widespread.

Okay, I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

PLEASE: NO ONE IS TO START ANOTHER BEARD TOPIC HERE!

So ... do you have names for those clowns?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

17 hours ago, Buddy said:

BTW it's only a screenshot. Plus I am not saying the information is mine.

I was only bringing out the point that the images changed. When I downloaded the PDF of the Watchtower it had the second image, but when i download the JWPUB the same day the first  image was in JW Library. 

I sent that wt no 3 to my cousin today who lives in holland and I didn't know it was made for Muslims
Where in Holland? I live in Holland too, so maybe I just give him a visit and tell him it's for Muslims

2 hours ago, halfspanishlee said:

I sent that wt no 3 to my cousin today who lives in holland and I didn't know it was made for Muslims😂😁

You do not need to greatly worry whether a magazine is intended for a specific groups of people or not when distributing literatures.

All of our Awake! and The Watchtower magazines are written with deep, and sincere cares that it will be read by “people of all the nations and the tongues.”

Of course, obviously, there is no doubt it would be much better to use the literatures as it was intended if it was written with specific individuals in mind.

Edited by Hinata

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the Watchtower magazine where bearded man was portrayed like first he had a beard, he studied the Bible with witnesses and then as he progressed he shaved it off. It was probably 2-3 years ago. 

P.S. 

Meanwhile may I kindly ask you not to make this a reason to start a new comments on beard issue please. 

3 minutes ago, Guri said:

Does anyone remember the Watchtower magazine where bearded man was portrayed like first he had a beard, he studied the Bible with witnesses and then as he progressed he shaved it off. It was probably 2-3 years ago. 

This may be it.

*** w19 July pp. 14-19 “Go . . . Make Disciples” ***
Patiently assist your students to make spiritual progress (See paragraphs 15-16)
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2019480&srctype=wol&srcid=share&paragraph=54

On 6/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, Sepie93 said:

For example: look at this cover. It's in the Tigrinya language.
I just LOVE it!!!!! emoji3590.png
Hopefully it will touch their hearts! c91d7861ec475be4385cca3cc5f6577e.jpg

Kab feqar amlah' zir'kb zelealemawi bereh'et 😊

(Literally: From loving God that is found forever blessing)

Probably a good choice for part of the cover picture for Sub-Saharan African editions of the magazines consider certain parts/countries that have a large Muslim population. Senegal, Nigeria, Ethiopia (since our brothers in Eritrea probably aren't able to distribute this issue physically...), Tanzania...

Edited by LoneWanderer

"Majority" removed

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

59 minutes ago, Hinata said:

This may be it.

*** w19 July pp. 14-19 “Go . . . Make Disciples” ***
Patiently assist your students to make spiritual progress (See paragraphs 15-16)
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2019480&srctype=wol&srcid=share&paragraph=54

Thank you, thats the one I had in mind. You have a good memory. :) 

1 hour ago, Guri said:

P.S. 

Meanwhile may I kindly ask you not to make this a reason to start a new comments on beard issue please. 

Tempted....LOL :upset:.. but yep, I will behave.

So hard though ...Wrrrr. :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)