JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's Your Favorite Encouraging Verse?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Following yesterday's riots around the country -- a Tweet was found this morning listing our city (and several others) as targets for fires and looting beginning tonight thru next weekend. Apparently the Tweets were considered credible enough to have large stores close early sending customers / employees home, and the city's police and state troopers driving through the streets in full force. Even saw an online pic showing a SWAT positioning himself atop a bldg.

While I wait at home with my nervous mom (non-believing) for the potential mayhem to begin following sunset, I'm finding it difficult to focus on searching my bible for encouraging scriptures ... I just can't seem to focus very well. 

Please take a moment and share your favorite encouraging verse from the bible.

I can think of so many, but this one shows that justice will soon be the norm all around the world....

"For Jehovah loves justice,

And he will not abandon his loyal ones.

They will always be guarded;

But the descendants of the wicked will be done away with.

The righteous will possess the earth,

And they will live forever on it."

- Psalm 37:28-29

I moved this topic to the Interchange of Encouragement forum since it did not relate to personal health issues.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Risha said:

Psalms 55:22

I can imagine Jehovah is getting a super-abundant amount of burdens

thrown at Him right now, during this pandemicy, riotous, locusty time. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Dear Lisa,

Reading the psalms written by Levite Asaph (starting with Psalm 73) is very encouraging to me. Look at verse 26 :

“My body and my heart may fail,

But God is the rock of my heart and my portion forever.”

What a strong statement, Jehovah is the rock of our heart, a very solid foundation for our feelings and emotions, not easy to being shaken.

Also, another tool that can encourage and lift your soul is our soothing kingdom melodies. Two original songs are among my latest favorites : “Jehovah’s always by our side” and “Roll it on him”.

Here is a saxophonist version of the first song made by a very talented Ukrainian brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rpReZ9iEY

Also for you this musical arrangement of melody 145 made by one of our international brothers. “God’s promise of paradise”. Just listen and enjoy, it’s very calming and relaxing. You really feel you are not in this world anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_9Sa0wHDl4

Enjoy, be well, stay safe.

Agape love,😊😘

Patricia