JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The end of Song

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1380 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/covid-19-superspreader-singing.html

Chiors and professional singers alike are being told that it may be two years before they may perform again before an audience. This will probably affect congregational singing ( except for my congregation of coarse we use sign language to sing). 

"The potential for superspreader events underscores the importance of physical distancing, including avoiding gathering in large groups, to control spread of COVID-19," the CDC report said. "Enhancing community awareness can encourage symptomatic persons and contacts of ill persons to isolate or self-quarantine to prevent ongoing transmission."

The organization seems to be paying attention to CDC guidelines. Some documents that were distributed by the elders in my congregation to all family heads made several references to the CDC. I'd be confident that this is among the many reasons why we haven't returned to using the Kingdom Hall yet. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think the Branch will be MORE cautious than any National or International Organization. It is certainly that way here in NZ. I've met many we speak to on the carts - and they've asked if we are back yet? Like the others. Nope.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it weird how this Corona thing seems to systematically create nothing but fear of the things that make life enjoyable. 

Fear of singing.
Fear of going outside.
Fear of seeing people's faces.
Fear of hugging and touching.
Fear of people talking to you.

So what I do is I just don't fear it. I just find ways to continue to enjoy life wherever I see a possibility to. I grab my guitar and sit out in the sunshine in the park and practise and sing. I smile at people when they walk past me and greet them in a friendly way. When I've spent enough time with people to be "infected" (whatever that means) with Covid19, I say goodbye with a warm and loving embrace. When I stand in line in the supermarket, I dance to the music. 

No, this is not "the end of song", but it certainly is causing the love of the greater number to cool down fast.