JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, June 10 A voice came out of the heavens: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”​—Mark 1:11.

Wednesday, June 10

A voice came out of the heavens: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”—Mark 1:11.

Mark 1:9-11 records the first of three occasions when Jehovah spoke from heaven. Jehovah said: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.” How it must have touched Jesus’ heart to hear his Father’s voice expressing love and reassurance to him! Jehovah’s words confirmed three important facts about Jesus. First, Jesus is his Son. Second, Jehovah loves his Son. And third, Jehovah has approved his Son. By saying “You are my Son,” Jehovah indicated that his beloved Son, Jesus, had entered into a new relationship with Him. While Jesus was in heaven, he was a spirit son of God. However, at his baptism, he was anointed by holy spirit. At that time, God indicated that Jesus as His anointed Son now had the hope of returning to heaven to become God’s appointed King and High Priest. (Luke 1:31-33; Heb. 1:8, 9; 2:17) So at Jesus’ baptism, his Father had good reason to say: “You are my Son.”—Luke 3:22. w19.03 8 ¶3-4

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

During the times of Biblical history, both the Hebrews and some of the non-Hebrews ceremonially anointed rulers. This constituted the confirmation of their official appointment to office.  Samuel anointed Saul as king after God had designated Saul as his choice.  David was anointed as king on three different occasions: once by Samuel, later by the men of Judah, and finally by all the tribes. ) Aaron was anointed after his appointment to the office of high priest. 

•  
  •  Fulfilling many prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures, Jesus of Nazareth proved to be the Anointed One of Jehovah and could properly be called Messiah, or Christ, which titles convey that thought.  Instead of being anointed with literal oil, he was anointed with Jehovah’s spirit. This was Jehovah’s appointment of him as King, Prophet, and High Priest, and so he was referred to as Jehovah’s Anointed.
  •  

Edited by Mclove

Wow, just 10 words. I had to go count it. 😂  Thanks Brother Glenn for your astute observation.

"You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.” 

I wonder how His voice must sound like. 

@dilip kumar

My immense thanks, brother for your meditation. I too must go through the daily text with a fine-toothed comb. I need a mind map because I don't have your intellectual prowess. 🧠💪🙏

https://www.canva.com/graphs/mind-maps/

Edited by Mclove

43 minutes ago, Mclove said:

don't have your intellectual prowess

I always have felt I am surely one of the dumbest and the stupidest person around. Though i keep asking questions, my questions actually reveal how empty I am inside (lol). But I have learnt much here.

It's good to echo your mind on jwtalk.

The brothers and sisters are just wonderful. Because they are focused and zealous. Focused on loving Jehovah God the way he wants.

Thank you for your compliments.

Agape.

Awww so sweet. Maybe we should see if we can try as much as possible to reflect the qualities of our Heavenly Father. IQ is so overrated in this dog eat dog world. 

1 Cor 13 : 1-3  If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all.