JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A taste of what is going to happen on a global scale.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1327 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

While we dont care much about the images it is disturbing about China making people display XI instead in their homes, additionally going into people's homes to confiscate things! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Might even happen here. But we'll be fine, we dont have images ,  that said they might be taking our literature instead. Must heed the advice to hide literature.  

(Sound like I'm talking in circles but I think you get it,  sorry tired.)

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Yes most certainly glimpses into getting rid of religious icons/buildings etc. With the main difference being the demise of BBTG being sudden and complete - surprisingly quick even to us. So yeah - pangs definitely, but the demise will be full on labour.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

21 hours ago, shali said:

Perhaps we will never go back to our Kingdom Halls and as we see how this world falls apart in every way because of this ongoing, global crisis that no government can control, we will be the only religion truly prepared for the downfall of all religio

You're far from the only one thinking about that possibility. We know we'll be happy to meet for worship in the flesh again, whichever side of Armageddon it's on. 

22 hours ago, shali said:

If we aren't meeting in our Halls , we won't particularly mourn or be discouraged when all of a sudden we can't anymore. Perhaps we will never go back to our Kingdom Halls 

This is interesting when we consider that parts of Christendom are demanding to be permitted to hold services.

They have gone as far as suing the State over the First Amendment right to be free from government interference re: the practice of religion.

The U.S. Supreme Court just ruled against a church in Nevada.

Since we are blissfully enjoying our spiritual food without using our Kingdom Halls, it must be that Christendom can't collect money as they always do and are insisting they be permitted to "get back to business" .

On 7/25/2020 at 9:10 PM, Doug said:

Since we are blissfully enjoying our spiritual food without using our Kingdom Halls, it must be that Christendom can't collect money as they always do and are insisting they be permitted to "get back to business"

And with that friends. Are we up to date on our personal online donations? Seems like the moment to put that little reminder out there.

8 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

And with that friends. Are we up to date on our personal online donations? Seems like the moment to put that little reminder out there.

Thank goodness for the online donation arrangement!  Frankly years before I asked my elders if I could send checks from my online banking and they said no. I was so disappointed because I hardly was using checks and couldn’t seem to stay on top of bringing them to the hall. And then Jehovah answered that need! 🤗

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I get paid in dribs and drabs but the first thing I do with each check is take out taxes (I'm self employed) and then I make a donation to the worldwide work ànd then, whatever is left over goes towards bills. The Online donation arrangement has been so wonderful for me because it's so fast and easy and thus, I always have time to do it no matter where I am!  I could be in the middle of grooming dogs and I think "I need to make a donation" and all I have to do is pick up my phone and press a couple of buttons! I especially appreciated how they put the donation button right on the home page of Jw Library!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On 7/24/2020 at 10:08 PM, shali said:

Perhaps we will never go back to our Kingdom Halls and as we see how this world falls apart in every way because of this ongoing, global crisis that no government can control, we will be the only religion truly prepared for the downfall of all religion! Since we won't be in our Halls, they won't be missed when governments swope in to take them and we will be harder to find because of it, at least until we start raining down hailstones! Just a late night thought. made me think of the scripture below.

That makes me think of this scripture.....:coffee:

Isaiah 26:20 

Go, my people, enter your inner rooms, And shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a brief momentUntil the wrath has passed by.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2020 at 10:08 PM, shali said:

You know I've been thinking about our situation worldwide since the pandemic a lot. Jehovah made sure the headquarters got out of New York City a full two years before where the old headquarters was became the epicenter of the pandemic in the US. 

What if he is getting us all out of our Halls and used to  meetings in other ways, a year or two before the GT hits? If we aren't meeting in our Halls , we won't particularly mourn or be discouraged when all of a sudden we can't anymore. Perhaps we will never go back to our Kingdom Halls and as we see how this world falls apart in every way because of this ongoing, global crisis that no government can control, we will be the only religion truly prepared for the downfall of all religion! Since we won't be in our Halls, they won't be missed when governments swope in to take them and we will be harder to find because of it, at least until we start raining down hailstones! Just a late night thought.

You are not the only one with those thoughts.  My husband and I have been discussing that possibility for awhile.

The persecution to all faiths in China and Russia especially towards Muslims and many many other religions and definitely heating up. I read about “ camps” in China where they are torturing people and appears to be mostly Muslims.. so sad. I can’t help but feel bad for people who might be being tortured 😖 

On 7/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, Jothob said:

Yes I agree, and to make it easier for myself I just press the recurring payment button for six months. Then I don’t have to worry weather I’ve made my donation for that month.... it’s great doing it all on-line. 👍

Literally while I was reading your comment I got the monthly thank you email.

10 hours ago, Whitley M said:

The persecution to all faiths in China and Russia especially towards Muslims and many many other religions and definitely heating up. I read about “ camps” in China where they are torturing people and appears to be mostly Muslims.. so sad. I can’t help but feel bad for people who might be being tortured 😖 

Right with you. The thought of what is happening in China is repulsive and infuriating.
The cowardly lack of response by the other governments is akin to their similar cowardice over Rwanda and Eritrea .  Makes me sick. I have no doubt that We are reflecting Jehovah’s own revulsion.

Edited by BenJepthah