JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Subtitled convention

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1345 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know, please, how to download from jw.org the original version of the convention (in english) with subtitles in another language (in french for example)? 

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Nicolas Salvado said:

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know, please, how to download from jw.org the original version of the convention (in english) with subtitles in another language (in french for example)? 

Many thanks!

It is very easy to add foreign language subtitles to the English videos.

You can do it yourself.

1. Download the English video
2. Download the French .vtt
3. Convert the .vtt to .srt
4. Merge the English video with the French .srt

4 hours ago, The German said:

There’s usually not even a need to convert vtt files either. Many modern video players support playing vtt files. I have been using this tactic for quite a long time. After loading up the English video, you can force–load the foreign language subtitle files.

But Brother John @Qapla is right in a way that there is no way to download the video file itself that has the foreign subtitle files embedded in it.

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

Are the Dutch subtitles the only option or can you see the convention over-dubbed in Dutch instead?

Actually we have two options: Dutch subtitles or over-dubbed Surinam Dutch. Surinam Dutch is so similar to Dutch, that we don’t have any trouble in understanding ( it’s just a nice accent 😊). Most friends I know prefer subtitles though. 

The only said thing is that in Dutch the subtitles are not available as vtt file.  It is actually embedded in the video. Otherwise we could have downloaded it and make a Transcript. If they do the same with the French subtitles it is not possible to download it as a seperate file. 

13 minutes ago, molnarj said:

The only said thing is that in Dutch the subtitles are not available as vtt file.  It is actually embedded in the video. Otherwise we could have downloaded it and make a Transcript. If they do the same with the French subtitles it is not possible to download it as a seperate file. 

vtt is available in Dutch. Only sunday is missing at the moment.

Edited by The German

15 hours ago, The German said:

You can do it yourself.

Can you help on how to  construct the link for the vtt, in any language ?

Thanks

23 hours ago, The German said:

You can do it yourself.

Pls, how do you go about Step 2 to 4?

19 hours ago, Hinata said:

There’s usually not even a need to convert vtt files either. Many modern video players support playing vtt files. I have been using this tactic for quite a long time. After loading up the English video, you can force–load the foreign language subtitle files.

Which video players can do this? And how do you embed and "force-load"?

7 minutes ago, Paradise-Lover said:

Which video players can do this? And how do you embed and "force-load"?

I do not like to mention the video player I am personally using in a public forum. But I just tested VLC Media Player is able to do this. Simply load the close caption track onto the video files you are playing.

You can also embed and extract such closed captions files (srt format) from videos using ffmpeg software, but it may be quite hard to use for a beginner.

You can use this link to directly download the closed captions files (vtt format) from jw.org:

https://apps.jw.org/?fileformat=MP3%2CAAC%2CM4V%2CMP4%2C3GP&output=json&pub=CO-r20&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

Followed the link and got this

Brother, you can easily look for vtt files from that list by using browser’s search feature (ctrl+f) Or you can use inspect element feature as Brother Manfred’s suggestion. You need to manually copy and paste the url (download-a.akamaidhd.net) into the browser.

iajwt.cvjl1.jpg.018f98cb8e685ba27316d6b9f2d6f9cf.jpg

iajwt.cvjl2.jpg.78fd3e633e29cbb8ed2db656cd36534a.jpg

1 hour ago, The German said:

2. Use the F12 method

3. Use an Online Converter

4. Burn with handbrake

54 minutes ago, Hinata said:

Brother, you can easily look for vtt files from that list by using browser’s search feature (ctrl+f) Or you can use inspect element feature as Brother Manfred’s suggestion. You need to manually copy and paste the url (download-a.akamaidhd.net) into the browser.

iajwt.cvjl2.jpg.78fd3e633e29cbb8ed2db656cd36534a.jpg

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with my comprehension capability lately. I wish a SHORT video could be made on this. I guess that will be highly helpful.

42 minutes ago, Paradise-Lover said:

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with my comprehension capability lately. I wish a SHORT video could be made on this. I guess that will be highly helpful.

I hope this video is able to help you. (You need to download the file to view it.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1khqjlgOaFYdYDl1cDtkainZyBaKFWG3j?usp=sharing

Edited by Hinata

11 hours ago, Hinata said:

I do not like to mention the video player I am personally using in a public forum. But I just tested VLC Media Player is able to do this. Simply load the close caption track onto the video files you are playing.

You can also embed and extract such closed captions files (srt format) from videos using ffmpeg software, but it may be quite hard to use for a beginner.

You can use this link to directly download the closed captions files (vtt format) from jw.org:

https://apps.jw.org/?fileformat=MP3%2CAAC%2CM4V%2CMP4%2C3GP&output=json&pub=CO-r20&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

Thanks for this info!

But can you point me what are the variables in the link that should be changed for any of the videos, part and language? I identified the publication and language, but where is the option related to the part? (friday, morning, afternoon, etc.)

5 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Thanks for this info!

But can you point me what are the variables in the link that should be changed for any of the videos, part and language? I identified the publication and language, but where is the option related to the part? (friday, morning, afternoon, etc.)

Look and see: 01,02,03,04,...,10

1 minute ago, jayrtom said:

Brother, you need to further insert &track= query for that. But I don’t use this because I prefer to search manually, like Brother Manfred’s suggestion. This is also used to control track value of our Kingdom Music. (sjj, sjjm, sjjc, sjji)

For example, this will take you to Friday Morning—Part 1 videos:

https://apps.jw.org/?fileformat=MP3%2CAAC%2CM4V%2CMP4%2C3GP&output=json&pub=CO-r20&alllangs=0&track=01&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

Note: If you want JW Broadcasting videos, you need to use &issue= query, not &track=. For example:

https://apps.jw.org/?issue=202003&fileformat=MP3%2CAAC%2CM4V%2CMP4%2C3GP&output=json&pub=jwb&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

41 minutes ago, Hinata said:

Brother, you need to further insert &track= query for that. But I don’t use this because I prefer to search manually, like Brother Manfred’s suggestion. This is also used to control track value of our Kingdom Music. (sjj, sjjm, sjjc, sjji)

For example, this will take you to Friday Morning—Part 1 videos:

https://apps.jw.org/?fileformat=MP3%2CAAC%2CM4V%2CMP4%2C3GP&output=json&pub=CO-r20&alllangs=0&track=01&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

Note: If you want JW Broadcasting videos, you need to use &issue= query, not &track=. For example:

https://apps.jw.org/?issue=202003&fileformat=MP3%2CAAC%2CM4V%2CMP4%2C3GP&output=json&pub=jwb&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

44 minutes ago, The German said:

Look and see: 01,02,03,04,...,10

Understood! Thank you very much at you both :thumbsup:

On 8/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, Nicolas Salvado said:

Hello everyone, 

Many thanks!

I've put a test video in my Subtitle Cloud (English).
English video with French subtitles.
Is that exactly how you want it to be?

Here is the video in 2020 -> August:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZallD7ZuQxvkT0PglmSgQAe1IlAyRdzLF8k

9 hours ago, Hinata said:

What one person calls easy does not mean ALL find that easy ... especially when this post said "directly download"

19 hours ago, Hinata said:

This makes it sound like it is "point and click" - not "search - copy - paste"

Nevertheless, thanks for the info

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

23 minutes ago, Qapla said:

What one person calls easy does not mean ALL find that easy ... especially when this post said "directly download"

This makes it sound like it is "point and click" - not "search - copy - paste"

Nevertheless, thanks for the info

Use F12 and you can make a rightclick and choose the folder to download the vtt if available.