JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Joy Eternally Orchestral

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1351 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The song we sing at the end of this convention is technically an "original song".  Like most of the original songs on our JW.ORG website, they are presented as music with vocals from the chorus.  Songs like "Just Around the Corner" or "True Friends" and so on.  If you want just an orchestral version, you have to make it yourself.

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, I am sure it will be there when the brothers feel it should be spread, don’t you?

IMHO, the orchestral version will not be on jw.org. 

However a lyric video without the the choir singing may be on jw.org only if we will sing it at a meeting, similar to when we sang “Give Me Courage” last year.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

The song we sing at the end of this convention is technically an "original song".  Like most of the original songs on our JW.ORG website, they are presented as music with vocals from the chorus.  Songs like "Just Around the Corner" or "True Friends" and so on.  If you want just an orchestral version, you have to make it yourself.

Which I have and have decided to share it with everyone also.

29 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

IMHO, the orchestral version will not be on jw.org. 

However a lyric video without the the choir singing may be on jw.org only if we will sing it at a meeting, similar to when we sang “Give Me Courage” last year.

Is it legal?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Is it legal?

Our organization has released an MP3 version without words (orchestral) in the Sunday PM RC intro video.  It is part of 4 songs (the others have singers.  It is just a clip of the fourth song.  Nothing invented.  You can find it under  JW app, Media, Audio, 2020 Convention (it is the next to last section).  When you play it, the song starts around 6:30 in the first 10 minute section...Just download it....❤️

music.JPG

Our organization has released an MP3 version without words (orchestral) in the Sunday PM RC intro video.  It is part of 4 songs (the others have singers.  It is just a clip of the fourth song.  Nothing invented.  You can find it under  JW app, Media, Audio, 2020 Convention (it is the next to last section).  When you play it, the song starts around 6:30 in the first 10 minute section...Just download it....
music.JPG.ccb45f03664439bd4553b52e4f89a78d.JPG

My question was, is it legal to upload it to another server and make it available publicly?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

49 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

My question was, is it legal to upload it to another server and make it available publicly?

In my opinion for what it's worth is that if it is available for download on jw.org then one should provide a link to that download. All Items downloaded are for personal use but clips cut from a larger video may be shared under fair use laws and by PM requested ONLY on this Forum.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Mod Note:

Out of an overabundance of caution respecting the Branch guidelines on copyright material, the attached file is now hidden. 

Moving forward, the moderators will continue to request that any copyright material that is altered in any way should not be posted. It may be made available by request only by PM.

Edited by Mephibosheth
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Its for an honourable use. Made with love to spread love.

I understand. But publishing files like these makes it harder for our brother to argue that much darker sites should take them down.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”