JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Older Programs and Publications on JW.ORG

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1252 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For some strange reason The Brothers have re-uploaded the convention and circuit Programs, going back to 2017 online. Plus the 2017 Examining the Scriptures Daily. Any theories to why?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/

I did write a letter to the Branch awhile ago asking for some older Publications in JWPUB. 

Is this a responds to my request? :shrugs:

Edited by Luigi62

I always thought it was strange that they would remove convention programmes and examining the Scriptures almost as soon as the service year was over.

Maybe they decided to stop doing this, and apply this retroactively.

I've been saving all the invitations (memorial, convention) and programmes since they started uploading them. Since they are still removing the invitations as soon as they're "done," I guess I will keep saving these.

For some strange reason The Brothers have re-uploaded the convention and circuit Programs, going back to 2017 online. Plus the 2017 Examining the Scriptures Daily. Any theories to why?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/

I did write a letter to the Branch awhile ago asking for some older Publications in JWPUB. 

Is this a responds to my request? :shrugs:

If it is possible and economical, they will keep such old programs, and make them searchable.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

It's a true blessing that we now have all these older publications in JWPub format. I'd love to see them in PDF as well, especially those of the older publications that are still being reprinted (God's Word, Mankind's Search for God) or others that are more recent and are posted to JW.org in PDF in certain languages but not on a large scale.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:27 AM, Thesauron said:

If it is possible and economical, they will keep such old programs, and make them searchable.

The examining books make sense but why would the convention/assemblies programs be included in a search? 

3 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

The examining books make sense but why would the convention/assemblies programs be included in a search? 

If you are trying to remember a talk given at a convention or assembly, having the program helps narrow down the search.  That is how I use it (sometimes).

It makes it easier to recall the convention. What is more, your own personal notes, if you have added any, may also be an asset in those programs.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, Brandon said:

I always thought it was strange that they would remove convention programmes and examining the Scriptures almost as soon as the service year was over.

Maybe they decided to stop doing this, and apply this retroactively.

I've been saving all the invitations (memorial, convention) and programmes since they started uploading them. Since they are still removing the invitations as soon as they're "done," I guess I will keep saving these.

Glad that you did that brother.  I am glad that they uploaded the older publications.  I wish that they could also put the pdf versions of some of the publications that only appear in jwpub. Would it be possible you also write them to consider this.  Sometimes I would love to also see the artwork, charts, pictures etc.  For example the "See the Good Land" publication on jwpub does not have pictures. How nice it would be to be able to see the actual pictures showing the different places. Thanks

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

I would LOVE to have the sound files of songs in the old 1984 songbook available for download on jw.org for some nostalgia sing-along :wave::heart:

Deeply stirred we surely feel

As we read Jude’s appeal.

It was written for us all

So that we ne’er might fall.

From its fine, abiding counsel,

Strength and courage we derive.

It will keep our precious faith alive.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101984042#h=1:0

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Glad that you did that brother.  I am glad that they uploaded the older publications.  I wish that they could also put the pdf versions of some of the publications that only appear in jwpub. Would it be possible you also write them to consider this.  Sometimes I would love to also see the artwork, charts, pictures etc.  For example the "See the Good Land" publication on jwpub does not have pictures. How nice it would be to be able to see the actual pictures showing the different places. Thanks

See the Good Land does have artwork in certain languages.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=X&prefer=lang&docid=1102003100&par=0

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

I would LOVE to have the sound files of songs in the old 1984 songbook available for download on jw.org for some nostalgia sing-along :wave::heart:

Our organization has produced CD and Cassette Tapes of the 1984 songbook.  Do you have access to these?  Or are you just wanting them available on JW. Library or JW.ORG?

Here is song 22 (mp3)

Track22.mp3