JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - October 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1296 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What is the difference? 
I expect it's a fine definition. The most widely spoken language, might be English. Not because it is good, but many places have it as a second or 3rd language. Recently a post noted that 90+% of Dutch speak English. I know many Philippino migrant workers frequent English congs abroad.

It was one described as the language of business and commerce (probably due to the US trade).

But I also think that Chinese and Indian represent about half the world population. So based on the 'mother tongue' language, they may be the most populous "primary" languages.

But English might be the most 'understood' language world-wide.

https://www.theglobalist.com/china-exports-manufacturing-commodities-trade-economy-chinese-communist-party/languages/

Old (Downunder) Tone

Lingo1.thumb.jpg.7d951b06c68c6511dbb0963e7dfd3353.jpg

Lingo2.thumb.jpg.18fa2ded8eb8897b9bb0c48cb5990da4.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

What is the difference? 

I'm assuming that "widely" refers to how many countries/territories a language is spoken in, while "most spoken" would be largest number of total speakers. For instance, there's well over 10 million native Shanghaihua speakers, but they are mainly found in Shanghai, China, so although it has a lot of speakers, it's not "widely spoken".

Edited by Bjern

5 hours ago, Hinata said:

I wondered if the new format of the sample conversation videos (November 2020) will start to have the subtitles, but apparently they still do not have them.

We Germany have nearly 100% of the Videos subtitled and 100% dubbed. Interesting differences.

No need to wait anymore:

Branch Report: Indonesia

Edited by Bosko

6 minutes ago, Bosko said:

Not need to wait anymore:

Branch Report: Indonesia

Not here.

But 240 in German is up.

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/ee/jwb_X_202010_10_r240P.mp4