JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fires in the Arctic

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1356 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://phys.org/news/2020-09-arctic.html

When I see things like these, that are nearly unthinkable, I reason that maybe its allowed by Jehovah to prepare the earth for after armageddon. Perhaps all this warming is a way to make the globe more hospitable for humanity.  Just a random thought. But maybe it has credibility. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

54 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

When I see things like these, that are nearly unthinkable, I reason that maybe its allowed by Jehovah to prepare the earth for after armageddon. Perhaps all this warming is a way to make the globe more hospitable for humanity.  Just a random thought. But maybe it has credibility. 

Or is just a part of what Jehovah said would happen to the Earth during these times due to human interference. We know the Earth won't be destroyed, but we don't know the extent of the destruction on its surface that he'll allow to happen. It does say in the scripures that if he doesn't step in, all of humanity would be destroyed one way or another.

Global warming does not make the earth more hospitable, though. It makes it more dangerous to live here.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Global warming does not make the earth more hospitable, though. It makes it more dangerous to live here.

For the moment.

I also reason that the earth has periods of warming then cooling. It's all part of a cycle. 

I guess we'll see how, in a perfect environment, the earth will behave. 

Until then it's interesting to see what happens in areas that are usually covered in ice. 

The ecosystem is fragile. But discovery of new plants and fungi from newly exposed land masses fascinates me. There is so much out there for us to learn.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

For the moment.
I also reason that the earth has periods of warming then cooling. It's all part of a cycle. 
I guess we'll see how, in a perfect environment, the earth will behave. 

Until then it's interesting to see what happens in areas that are usually covered in ice. 
The ecosystem is fragile. But discovery of new plants and fungi from newly exposed land masses fascinates me. There is so much out there for us to learn.

Yes, there are periods of warming and cooling. That is a common argument.

What happens in areas covered by ice is not as interesting as what happens to the areas that are more likely to be flooded or affected by serious changes in climate and extreme weather. Man is ruining the earth!

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

*So glad to see all these Opinions being shared* We will soon know wether  the deserts blooming  and longer growing seasons as a result of more liquid water being placed in the atmosphere due to global warming will outway the loss of cities being flooded by rising sea levels. 

Regardless of the earths natural cycles, we can all agree that the earth is experiencing ruin on a massive scale. The current wild weather patterns are not part of the plan. We look forward to Jesus quieting the winds and all the other disruptive weather. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”