JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you like your coffee?

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the classic Italian espresso. Unfortunately now that it's getting cold, often with the students we have to meet in McDonald's, Starbucks or similar places... I'm having so many American style coffee, that I really find it hard to drink! I am sure that Jehovah sees the sacrifices we make 😫😂

To be like soft CLAY in the hands of Jehovah, but hard as a STONE when Satan wants to mold us

Well, nasty habit here. I figured if one’s can put cream in their coffee, I have a different source of fat. Pure Irish butter. 
Instead of daily, I’m going to have to make it a treat. 
I’ve started collecting pounds. 
It’s been a pattern. And, it shall come to a screeching halt.

Back to black!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I like a variety of coffee. Good beans and especially a light roast I'll drink black, there's times I swear I can taste the sunshine on the hills before the coffee beans were harvested. Adding a bit of milk or cream tempers the acidity that light roasts tend to have and brings out the fat soluble flavors, making a delicious drink as well. I like 'real' cream but I'm also happy to explore the dairy alternatives, we've been enjoying 'oat milk' lately.

Medium and dark roasts support cream and sugar and even some flavored syrups or creams. They also mellow the acidity and emphasize some delicious flavours.

Preparation matters, I'm generally doing a pourover because I don't have the fancy setup but appreciate proper espresso and other variations that involve a little more preparation. Cold brew is another interesting approach, a whole different set of flavors when you don't ever subject the beans to hot water.