JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do you like your coffee?

Living in the self proclaimed "coffee capital" Seattle, it took a while for me to figure out how I liked my coffee.   When I first went into a Starbucks in '97, I thought they were speaking a foreign language ordering their coffee.  Now I know I like mine medium brew, sugary sweet, preferably sweetened with cane juice, and heavy on the creamer.  It hides the acidic taste and blends in well with the coffee.  When I was preparing my coffee at Starbucks during our service group's break, I'd often tell the friends rushing me out of the door, "You can't rush art!"  😂

I have five ways to prepare my coffee:

In a pot (boil water, add coffee, wait)

Coffeemaker (Mocca Master)

Capsule machine (Dolce gusto) makes cappuccino, cafe au lait, americano etc

French press (1 cup model, newest aquisition) :P

... and instant

I would like a perculator. Best coffee I have tasted.

I do quite like coffe :)

I will try out the baking soda tip 👍

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

• 5 months later...

Recently found and actually liked a powdered coffee (loosely defined as such) from Singapore and Vietnam that are single serve packets that already have some cream and sugar in them. I do need to add more of each…but they work for my palate.

My true love are teas from the UK. Yorkshire Gold, Barry’s Irish Tea (Red),Welsh Glengettie Aur (Gold). They are the best. With American teas, if you leave the tea bags in the water too long the tea gets bitter, undrinkable. But if you leave your British teas in longer they just get stronger…I never take the tea bags out. Sometimes it is nearly as strong as coffee. The key is that they must be tea from the UK, not teas of the same name and similar packaging made for the American market. American market teas by the same companies (I’ve only seen Yorkshire teas here) all get bitter the same as American teas. Weird I know.

7FAA9EA9-25C4-4FBF-A8BC-2E4E892965AE.jpeg

423984E2-271D-4F56-AC09-9F3C7F73904B.jpeg

16 minutes ago, SoCal4me2 said:

Barry’s Irish Tea (Red),Welsh Glengettie Aur (Gold). They are the best. With American teas, if you leave the tea bags in the water too long the tea gets bitter, undrinkable. But if you leave your British teas in longer they just get stronger…I never take the tea bags out.

I really like the Barry's tea, but my favorite afternoon black tea is PG Tips (Gold). I take the bag out after 4-5 minutes or it get too bitter.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

My goodness that's quite the set up!! 

I’ve had coffee machines for around 20 years and have gradually upgraded.  This machine I’ve had for about 10 years.  It is around 10-15 years old and I bought it 2nd hand with the grinder.  They are both fully repairable and if you keep them serviced they keep going.  We are not big coffee drinkers, usually 1-2 a day.  But we like good coffee (remember Bro Losch saying “good coffee, good cake”).  We now live in a coffee growing region so sourcing fresh beans is easy.  Many homes in Australia have their own machines.  I believe most Bethelites here downunder have their own machine.  

We’ve recently bought Turkish coffee and the pot to cook it. It’s a nice espresso style for an afternoon pick me up. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

We drink Italian LavAzza Light organic coffee..no bitter taste, and supposedly light roast has higher caffein and is healthy with more antioxidents. Don read recently that if you sprinkle a tiny amount of salt on the grinds, it brings out the flavor more..Walmart sells it online.

Screenshot_2022-09-13-13-23-37-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I can drink regular ground coffee once in a while but it makes my stomach hurt so I've made some changes that seem to work for me. I'm really not supposed to have caffiene so I'm using a decaf instant that tastes ok, mostly because of the mushroom, instafuel and superfood creamer making it into a super coffee. Gives me a light energy but no jitters or rushing heart.

20221030_143320.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

I can drink regular ground coffee once in a while but it makes my stomach hurt so I've made some changes that seem to work for me. I'm really not supposed to have caffiene so I'm using a decaf instant that tastes ok, mostly because of the mushroom, instafuel and superfood creamer making it into a super coffee. Gives me a light energy but no jitters or rushing heart.

Have you tried powdered matcha tea?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Have you tried powdered matcha tea?

I have it in the drawer but the 2 times I've made it it was so awful I couldn't believe people willingly drink it.  I remember you've been drinking it for a while now. Tell me how you make it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

9 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I have it in the drawer but the 2 times I've made it it was so awful I couldn't believe people willingly drink it.  I remember you've been drinking it for a while now. Tell me how you make it.

20221030_161604.thumb.jpg.0f5b82e5e69f04dbec7a6351c6001689.jpg

I just now discovered there are 2 different kinds, culinary and ceremonial. I have ceremonial, I think I may try the other.

Edited by bagwell1987

5 hours ago, bobby said:

in 2018 we made beer with Turkish coffee and we where up all night to after drinking it 

Reminds me of a story.

A few elderly gentlemen were having a few beers at the local pub (bar) and they get onto a topic of what they do to keep themselves awake instead of dropping off to sleep when the grandchildren come around to visit.

One of the guys said he has a tonic to assist him to keep up with the grandchildren and he calls it "Up and Go Juice".

The others asks "What's in it?"

The gentleman says, "You get a tall glass, add ten teaspoons of sugar, five teaspoons of powdered coffee, pour three shots of whisky and fill the glass with milk and stir and then drink it all at once."

The other men looked inquisitive and then asked, "How does that help you?"

He said: "The sugar gives you the energy, the coffee gets your heart racing and keeps you awake, then milk gives you the pep and slows the metabolism of processing the coffee and sugar, and the whisky gives you the ability to think you are young again and be just as silly as the grandchildren".

Edited by Pabo

For this is what Jehovah the God of Israel says: ‘The large pot of coffee will not run out, and the small jar of cream will not run dry while Jehovah makes it rain on the surface of the ground.’ 1Kingish 17:14

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

For this is what Jehovah the God of Israel says: ‘The large pot of coffee will not run out, and the small jar of cream will not run dry while Jehovah makes it rain on the surface of the ground.’ 1Kingish 17:14

There a quiet of few Aussies should be very high on caffeine with all the flooding going on the east coast for the last 3 years if that was the case.

image.png.14a4089f8240d3234bddc33736605d8c.png

Edited by Pabo