JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January spiritual Food for those who wait for it to be served

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1213 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is an active thread about the newly released Broadcast that is already 7 pages long with d/l links

JW Broadcasting - January 2021 - Encouragement for the Worldwide Brotherhood - JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 1/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, bohemian said:

what a wonderful broadcast! Can’t wait for parts 2 and 3, and to use the new tools!

But I will wait, obviously. Galatians 5:22.  Patience is a fruit of the spirit.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, bohemian said:

I know, John, I started this for those who wait for the dining-room doors to open instead of going round the back to taste the buffet before everyone else and then tell what lovely food is there because they have already tasted it.

You should avoid the other thread completely then. 😂 👍 It’s full of spoilers. 

The analogy is more accurate if those round the back that are eating the food are talking with each other about it, rather than telling everyone else what lovely food is there that hasn’t eaten it yet. We would not force you to go on that thread, you either choose to partake in the conversation if you want to or not. You’ve chosen not to, so never would we force you to listen to the information. 

Everyone has different consciences and  I respect yours to wait.

2 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

You should avoid the other thread completely then. 😂 👍 It’s full of spoilers. 

The analogy is more accurate if those round the back that are eating the food are talking with each other about it, rather than telling everyone else what lovely food is there that hasn’t eaten it yet. We would not force you to go on that thread, you either choose to partake in the conversation if you want to or not. You’ve chosen not to, so never would we force you to listen to the information. 

Everyone has different consciences and  I respect yours to wait.

There used to be a notice of Spoilers in the thread title and that appears to be missing now.

I would choose definitely NOT to partake in that conversation and carefully consider whether to associate with those who cannot wait for “food at the proper time”.

1 minute ago, bohemian said:

There used to be a notice of Spoilers in the thread title and that appears to be missing now.

I would choose definitely NOT to partake in that conversation and carefully consider whether to associate with those who cannot wait for “food at the proper time”.

It’s definitely discussed a few hours before it’s on jw.org so a spoiler title could be advantageous. 

I personally see nothing wrong with it. And I certainly don’t share the information with anyone who hasn’t yet seen it out of respect for them. But at a site like this it may be hard for you to avoid. Not impossible of course, but certainly hard. So if it upsets you, or you find it too much, maybe consider whether being part of a forum like this is for you? Or maybe just avoid those threads, and carry on being encouraged by the many other threads available on here. 

We love having you on here and your comments are much appreciated! 👍

7 minutes ago, bohemian said:

...and carefully consider whether to associate with those who cannot wait for “food at the proper time”.

You may decide to do that but was it really necessary to voice it publicly? It doesn't come across well in text.

The one thing I do wish is that I had not known of the brochure etc before watching the AM. But I chose to read that thread. 

Edited by Mykyl