JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protests Across Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1366 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I found the Watchtower last sunday really encouraging, because it said, explicitly, that it's fine that we pray specifically that people in authority be moved to make things more bearable for our brothers and sisters, and that we can pray for government officials to be moved to act in regard to anything that can affect the friends' worship to Jehovah. I really took that to heart, and have been trying to remember to pray for that for our brothers in places where they're under ban such as in Russia.

Perhaps, the increased awareness people are having and the publicity these abuses are getting are part of how that prayer is answered, who knows?

Edited by Katty

Something I heard on the news that I thought was interesting was that the protestors are being arrested (800 people at the time) because they are not allowed to protest .....  I was thinking the people seem peaceful they weren’t destroying property or injuring anyone why all the arrests 

sobering thought to me as the over 10k people in Moscow in the weather that was -50F 

also I wonder if this may shake up Putin’s power among the people 

Edited by comtemplate

Added point

On 1/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, Lee49 said:

Rallies over there, not riots, yet!

No, no some have actually been rioting! (or trying to start one). It was all over our news, Russian civilians were fighting police officers in the streets. Check out some of this footage.

Edited by EccentricM

Mad world. All this just accumulates to the signs of the times we're in. I never thought I'd see the day of mass Russian protests and violence, as their people are quite subdued and obedient to authority. They are becoming like us, and many in interviews said they wanted Western values in Russia.

Some people say that "Oh it's nothing new, Empires have fallen and risen in history, all of this is a cycle, not a prophecy", but it's never been on a world wide scale in multiple governments all at once before like this, that is what makes it different, global, and matching the signs of the Last Days.

Edited by EccentricM

They are not "becoming like us" since we do not partake in peaceful demonstrations, mob action and rioting/violence.  I guess you meant like the majority of mankind alienated from Jehovah that gets upset over injustices and take their beliefs into actions, sometimes peaceful and sometimes violence comes from these demonstrations.   I could be wrong, but it read like we are like these people.  They are certainly not like us. 

20 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

hey are not "becoming like us" since we do not partake in peaceful demonstrations,

By "us" I meant plural, Britian, America, and Western Europe, not "literally" us as individuals or Witnesses.

Edited by EccentricM

On 1/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, comtemplate said:

Something I heard on the news that I thought was interesting was that the protestors are being arrested (800 people at the time) because they are not allowed to protest .....  I was thinking the people seem peaceful they weren’t destroying property or injuring anyone why all the arrests 

sobering thought to me as the over 10k people in Moscow in the weather that was -50F 

also I wonder if this may shake up Putin’s power among the people 

Well, if they're so brazen about arresting Witnesses who are neutral to anything like this, then it's not shocking that they would arrest people actively and directly opposing the government.